Just done the Bar Banking...

Started by FUBAR, March 23, 2006, 04:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUBAR

for this week & got a "Reciept for Retention of Counterfeit Currency" from Natwest for the 2 fake £1 coins I handed in.

Found the dodgy things in the till so took em in,  they were obvious fakes of the 2005 coins with Bridges on them so check yer wallets!
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Fake COINS ???

Is it really worth it ?

FUBAR

Must be, someone's made em, and the bank had more too so there must be a few going around.   Thing is who checks coins when you take them over a till? I rarely do TBH notes yes but not coins (Except now)

55starchief

Quoting: FUBAR
Must be, someone's made em, and the bank had more too so there must be a few going around. Thing is who checks coins when you take them over a till? I rarely do TBH notes yes but not coins (Except now)

Whats the diference mate?

FUBAR

The difference? what between checking notes & coins or between the real & fake coins I found?

Roadkill

Heard of that sort of thing a few years back mind you . . . Stciking two Old 5p's together and painting them.

55starchief

Quoting: FUBAR
the real & fake coins I found?

FUBAR

Aah ok, the Fake ones were

- too dark in colour
- too lightweight
- no writing round the edges
- all the detail was vague as if someone had taken an impression of a real one & used it as a mould (probably exactly what they did)
- when you scratched it it was dull & greyish rather than shiny like proper coins

Roadkill

Incursus

FUBAR

Quoting: incursus
oh you found em then.

Aah you was it!

Incursus