Banter from Firebird Topic

Started by ianjpage, July 06, 2010, 04:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianjpage

Have posted this here rather than delete it.....

ianjpage

Quoting: philoldsmobile

Quoting: Rocky
You have to ride one to appreciate it, People who have a pop at them have normally never ridden one.

i've ridden a softail and an XR1200.

the XR was excellent, the softail was complete pap. (in the most colossal sense of the word, never felt so much vibration in my life)

the XR1200 or the V rod seem to be the ones to have. the XR was actualy a very good handling bike, and really felt ok, the softail was vibey, flopped into corners, immediatley ground out, and then wobbled.

the crossbones was dubbed 'dangerous' in the last review I read as the guy grounded it out at 10 mph coming out of a dealers, and nearly pitched him off.

must say though, the XR really did seem like my kind of bike, well finished and went welll too..

Quoting: art b

i liked the new norton at goodwood this weekend....

http://www.nortonmotorcycles.com/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.nortonmotorcycles.com/

that new norton is the f.kin tits! not cheap but packed to the brim with top notch components, sounds awesome and looks just about perfect..

Quoting: Gator
fine if thats the the way it is feel free to delete my account im out of here i thought this was supposed to be about yank cars but if you are making a point of trashing my resto thread carry on i wont contribute any further

This forum is about a group of people with passionate interests in a common theme.

there are many American car forums, and they are boring as shite, hence the reason I like reading about old British classics (monkey) VW's (CP) the old classics (RK and Motorama) as well as the odd bite of the general motoring world, something I know Martyn and Art B are very fond of.

odd, you are keen to bash anything that itsn't built in the US at absolutely every single opportunity, no matter how ridiculous the point, but seem confused when the same venom is turned against you.

this forum is by everyone, for everyone, American cars may have been the backbone, but it was never the fibre.

I'm not the greatest fan of modern yank motors, but lets face it, there are others here of the same thought. life isn't about living with your head so deep in the sand you can see china, its about living with the contrast and vibrancy of the world as a whole. I've sat quiet at the utterly remorseless insults with absolutely no grounding at all you throw at me, on a subject you know absolutely nothing about. its part of how MKB goes, sometimes you get abused, sometimes you get hijacked.

So in other words Gator, do stay, you're an entertaining guy. but if you lay with matches, expect to get burned.

Cunning Plan

Where is my important post? I am offended and wish to complain.
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

ianjpage

erm, which one .......oh the piccy - bugger bugger bugger - forgot to paste it in .

Sorry

Cunning Plan

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Rob

Why do I keep gettin these bloody moto_bike posts.....

I reccon admin is doin' it on purpose...

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Gator

OK ill bite just for old times sake Philo it says "MKB American Car Club" as far as i can see, you have made some very poor choices and no longer have an American car this is your loss maybe you should listen to someone that knows about cars before you buy one, you dont get to then redifine this "Ameican car club" to suite your loser status if you dont like American cars dont be on an American car forum

yes other subjects are welcome i am no censor,for example i think CPs VW posts are great because he knows what he is taking about when hes not jerking off (just kidding CP) and i learn something but if this is now just a general chat forum i see no reason to post here i would just like to know either way

the point is you decided to rubbish a guys project thread (happened to be mine) with your inane spewings for no good reason at all other than your useual weird loner keyboard warrior crap it was a thread about an american car project on an american car forum that you decided to vandalize and key the paint on

i have defended you in that past when others were calling you a twat coz i thought you were a mate, you aint

sorry MKB i should of sent him a PM i know, this is/was a great forum all the best

Roadkill

sorry MKB i should of sent him a PM i know

Ahh, that's O.K.

It just keeps it interesting.

philoldsmobile

OK ill bite just for old times sake Philo it says "MKB American Car Club" as far as i can see, you have made some very poor choices and no longer have an American car this is your loss maybe you should listen to someone that knows about cars before you buy one, you dont get to then redifine this "Ameican car club" to suite your loser status if you dont like American cars dont be on an American car forum

yes other subjects are welcome i am no censor,for example i think CPs VW posts are great because he knows what he is taking about when hes not jerking off (just kidding CP) and i learn something but if this is now just a general chat forum i see no reason to post here i would just like to know either way

the point is you decided to rubbish a guys project thread (happened to be mine) with your inane spewings for no good reason at all other than your useual weird loner keyboard warrior crap it was a thread about an american car project on an american car forum that you decided to vandalize and key the paint on

i have defended you in that past when others were calling you a twat coz i thought you were a mate, you aint

sorry MKB i should of sent him a PM i know, this is/was a great forum all the best

you've completely lost the plot.

exactly WHERE did i rubbish your restoration thread? please point out EXACTLY where that happened? i think you are reading posts that aren't there.

I noticed you didn't have a pop at Roadkill Rocky Nick or Art, all of  whom were talking bike in your thread before me....

Rocky

Erm I stopped talking about bikes when he told me to stop the first time.

Titsy

exactly WHERE did i rubbish your restoration thread? please point out EXACTLY where that happened? i think you are reading posts that aren't there.

Err, admin has now cleaned the thread, so how's Steve supposed to point it out...?