Main Menu

MOT Pass

Started by Jamieg285, February 21, 2011, 07:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamieg285

Wasn't too confident going in this year, but the Camaro has passed for another year.

A few minor advisories (as usuall), which will probably be ignored (as usuall).

Nearly fell out with the garage though.  The youth who gets to sit in the car and rock the steering while it's up on the ramp thought it would be a good idea to unscrew the B&M T-handle off the shifter.  Not too bad until he screwed up the threads trying to put it back on, then denied even touching it. (Metal shavings on the shifter boot were a bit of a give away, as well as the handle being cock-eyed).

Thankfully the owner was able to pick out enough debris to allow it to screw back on properly.  

What is it about the 'helpers'? I seem to have a history of screw-ups from them.  1st year I had it, one of them tried to unlock the drivers door but turned the key the wrong way. Rather than try the other way he just kept pushing and I watched him turn the key full 360 degrees(with force).  Luckily, it didn't seem to do any damage, but I wasn't impressed.  2 years ago, the help managed to snap the parking brake cable, but tried to hide it rather than own up

Incursus

Jo

Andy

What a cheeky git! Never heard of an MOT tester needing a helper before, let alone one who fiddles with the car!

Great news though!

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Quoting: Jamieg285
A few minor advisories (as usuall), which will probably be ignored (as usuall).

That's the way.

Quoting: Andy
Never heard of an MOT tester needing a helper before

Yup, I'm the one who normally assists when my MoT's come around.