moonshine ....

Started by art b, March 18, 2011, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art b

ha.. not wot you were thinking...

This weekends full moon won`t be just full,
it will be what`s called an extreme supermoon,

making it the closest to the Earth in 18 years since 1993. It will look about 10 to 15 % bigger than normal
and could create some abnormally high tides from Friday through Sunday.and if its clear skies, it will appear brighter than normal....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Big Mouse

the lead up to 2012 - we're all doomed !!!

Andy

Being the uber geek, got the telescope out, not needed but with it's enlargement the surface is pretty amazing to look at. You also really get a sense of how buggered up the surface is from stuff hitting it.

After looking at it for a couple of minutes, got bored and started looking for other stuff, this was the point I realised I'm no astronomer and resorted to my iPhone for skywalk!

EDGE

Maybe I should get the camera out again, I've acquired a 600mm lens and a 1.5 tele convertor, having said that, it's f*****g freezing !!

Andy

Quoting: EDGE
Maybe I should get the camera out again, I've acquired a 600mm lens and a 1.5 tele convertor, having said that, it's f*****g freezing !!

I've found it too bright at the moment to take any decent shots. I really would look one of the Bigma Sigma lenses. They get really good reviews for that sort of photography.

Have you tried the teleconverter? Any loss in the image?