Another reason not to go to Royston !

Started by F Body, March 30, 2011, 07:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Royston in Hertfordshire will become the first place in the UK with hidden cameras monitoring all routes in and out, creating a 'ring of steel'

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=23400\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=23400

Jo

I go in and out of Royston loads, oh well I have nothing to hide

art b

i went to royston once... it was shut....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Andy

meh, got nothing to hide, got nothing to worry!

We've had a set of ANPR cameras at the top of Marlow hill going into High Wycombe for ages. They're actually there to catch uninsured drivers etc. By the time the car has made it to the bottom the undercover boys have normally had a chance to put down their cuppas and get them.

F Body

Quoting: Andy
meh, got nothing to hide, got nothing to worry!

Don't be so sure

The information is collected and kept for up to five years by some mystery government department, that doesn't have to explain it's methods or how it processes the information

Whilst I still don't know who shot Kennedy, what happens if a number plate is read by one digit wrong and your name pops out of the bag

Don't go assuming that you'll be innocent until proven guilty

Andy

Quoting: F Body
Don't be so sure

The information is collected and kept for up to five years by some mystery government department, that doesn't have to explain it's methods or how it processes the information

Whilst I still don't know who shot Kennedy, what happens if a number plate is read by one digit wrong and your name pops out of the bag

Don't go assuming that you'll be innocent until proven guilty

This maybe true, but to be honest I ain't about to don a tin foil hat and hide under a rock. Big Brother is all around us no doubt, and it disguises itself as safety cameras and CCTV etc. There isn't a lot anyone can do though, and that's just the way it is.

Royston think this is a good idea and so be it, I have no intentions of ever going there though, least not without my spinning number plate

FUBAR

Royston think this is a good idea and so be it, I have no intentions of ever going there though

Its only for Local People...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

HardRockCamaro

1) Why Royston?
2) You have the same system in place in many other places, eg London, the only difference is that the cameras will be hidden.
3) Erm, why hide them? What's the benefit of that exactly?  

I always flip off any mobile CCTV or police camera van.  

Big Mouse

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
I always flip off any mobile CCTV or police camera van.

They know you do

My step son was in SOCA for a while until he went back to real police work; he said that I could drive from MK to the north of scotland in any car of my choice, on any route of my choice and he'd be able to tell me the car I was in and the roads I drove on 24 hours later! - as long as I had broken the law sufficiently to warrant it of course.

HardRockCamaro

I've always wondered what routes you could drive in the UK to get from place to place without being caught on big brothers cameras...  

Andy

I've always wondered what routes you could drive in the UK to get from place to place without being caught on big brothers cameras...  

Probably nigh on impossible now.

F Body

Probably nigh on impossible now.

I saw a figure that the UK motorist drives an average of 7 miles between cameras

HardRockCamaro

But that's because we mostly drive on major roads a the journey times are so much quicker.  On broads and country lanes there are way less cameras.  granted you couldn't get in and out of a city without being noticed but I'm curious if there are routes across country at least that are camera free...  

Andy

But that's because we mostly drive on major roads a the journey times are so much quicker. On broads and country lanes there are way less cameras. granted you couldn't get in and out of a city without being noticed but I'm curious if there are routes across country at least that are camera free

Why do get the feeling your planning on Green laning everywhere with yer Jeep?

art b

a mate of mine drove into npton with his newly  purchased  jeep ... only to be surrounded by 3 squad cars when he pulled up at argos,

it was picked up on the towns cctv/anpr system that it had been stolen..

he had had it for 2 weeks, it had been reregistered 4 times since being stolen  [ the dvla dont give a fook] and no one had been pulled in it b4

long story but he did end up keeping it,
although the police insisted it was impounded at his home until the ownership was sorted...
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

HardRockCamaro

Flippin eck!  

Good point Andy, I don't need to worry about the cameras, over the fields we go!    (trust me to miss the obvious solution!)

Andy

Good point Andy, I don't need to worry about the cameras, over the fields we go!   (trust me to miss the obvious solution!)

Don't forget you're also saving the environment! No really, you are. Now when you want to go somewhere, rather than be constrained to the 'road network' for us mere mortals, you can pull out a map, put a fat X on where you want to go, draw a straight line and bobs your uncle!

Ok, a small amount of vegetation, creatures and other stuff *might* get in the way but think about the poor polar bear in the artic on a slowly melting ice block