Main Menu

My Fiero

Started by a91_formula, May 07, 2011, 12:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a91_formula

Couple of weeks ago I ordered a new dash kit for my Fiero as the wood effect was just pure nasty.

Spent a few hours today replacing it and wow what a difference.

Here are some piccies of before and after:

The guy I bought from also sent me a Fiero GT keychain, but as I already had a Pontiac keyfob made another use for it:

Very very pleased with the outcome.

Clare
1998 Fiero GT (my toy)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 (Hubbys new toy!)

http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk

F Body

Quoting: a91_formula
as the wood effect was just pure nasty.

I quite like the 80's retro plastic wood look

Although the centre consul looks loads better

a91_formula

Quoting: F Body

I quite like the 80's retro plastic wood look

It would have been ok if it had been done properly - but the edges weren't straight and it just looked wrong - the original should have been what they call "dot matrix" and the wood was just a stick on vinyl - just wrong imho

Quoting: F Body

Although the centre consul looks loads better

Much much better
1998 Fiero GT (my toy)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 (Hubbys new toy!)

http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk

Andy

Yeah that looks the business!

I don't know what it was about Pontiac interiors but I thought the third gen Pontiac interior was much nicer that the same Chevrolet. For example Dial gauges look much smart than the quarter style.

F Body

Quoting: Andy
I don't know what it was about Pontiac interiors but I thought the third gen Pontiac interior was much nicer that the same Chevrolet.

Chevrolet was always marketed as better value i.e cheaper cars than Pontiac's by GM. In many cases the real differences were better quality trim materials

I'd have bought a 4th Gen Trans Am instead of my Camaro, but the Z28 was £24k and the Trans Am was £34k new

F Body

F Body

Back on topic, the Fiero was another GM vehicle which had the potential to be world class, but internal GM politics stopped them adding the right power plant or being able to market it correctly

Doomed by GM !