Main Menu

Dyno result

Started by Pod, August 21, 2011, 09:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pod

I went to TCS Performance in Bishops Stortford last week and did a couple of power runs on their dyno.

Factory rating for my mustang is 225 hp and 300 ft/lb. Seeing as it's still got stock heads cam and intake, I was expecting somewhere around 220-250 hp.

It actually turned out to be 309 hp and 365 ft/lb
I'm a well chuffed with that and really surprised!

The only down side is that as it has more power than I thought, it means I'm worse at driving it than I thought.

VIPER

Nice supprise................

F Body

Quoting: Pod
It actually turned out to be 309 hp and 365 ft/lb

Banana Power

Roadkill

That seems a bit odd.

Not to be sniffed at, though.

Big Mouse

Was that calculated rwhp or at the flywheel? I hope its rwhp for ya but it does sound a bit odd if it is.

Andy

Quoting: Big Mouse
Was that calculated rwhp or at the flywheel? I hope its rwhp for ya but it does sound a bit odd if it is.

The graph scale says 'Flywheel Power (HP)', what sort of losses would the transmission make?

Andy

Titsy

Did they give you a WRHP graph?

Pod

That's all I got.
From what I've found out so far, the flywheel hp shown, is the wheel hp multiplied by 1.16 (ish).

So that works out to around about 260rwhp. Which for the mods on the car sounds plausible.

Roadkill

Yeah, makes more sense.

Big Mouse

Quoting: Andy
The graph scale says 'Flywheel Power (HP)', what sort of losses would the transmission make?

You could be looking at 15% for a manual and upto 20% for an auto depending on the age and condition of components; probably even more if they are less than 100% tip top condition.  Every element of friction in a power train is a potential loss of energy.

Even my powerglide still had an estimated 'loss' of 10-14% in Big Mouse

But its like little willys - its not how much you've got but how you use it!!