Started by F Body, August 25, 2011, 07:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Stumbled across a new series on Quest last night called Camper Van Crisis

Basically the story of a VW Club President's refurb of his VW Camper Van

I though CP has to be watching this

You need that engine boy

art b

thats been doin the rounds on discovery for a few years....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Cunning Plan

Quoting: art b
thats been doin the rounds on discovery for a few years....

Cheers anyway FB, but I saw it a while back on Discovery when we didn't mind watching repeats had Sky

It's an OK series to watch but it pisses me off when the producers choose to use up 5 minutes of either side of the ad-break to 'revise' what has just happened previously (yes the bit you watched before the 2 minute ad break), then tell you what is coming up. That repetition will go over and over through the program - so annoying I would rather get a camera in the engine bay, or around the bus and actually see stuff being restored.

I guess they have to appeal to the general public - although I am sure even the general public do not appreciate that kind of condescending programming.

Oh, and another thing that annoys me (sorry if anyone on here does it), but naming your vehicle - it pisses me off - stop it, it's a vehicle, call it Volkswagen or bus or something instead of all this "it has a cheeky character, so I called 'him' chappie" rubbish.

On that subject, you usually get for sale ads with descriptions including "Mildred needs some TLC" - when it should really read "the car is ****** and needs work".
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Fieldy

F Body

Quoting: Cunning Plan
Oh, and another thing that annoys me (sorry if anyone on here does it), but naming your vehicle - it pisses me off - stop it, it's a vehicle,

You've upset Percy the Panda, Derek the Ducati and Clara the Camaro

My old Honda was called the Kettle, coz the ruddy thing was always boiling over and my Camaro sort of has the nicknane Oh-Jo, due to it's first registration number ended with the letters OJO

Cunning Plan

Quoting: F Body
My old Honda was called the Kettle, coz the ruddy thing was always boiling over and my Camaro sort of has the nicknane Oh-Jo, due to it's first registration number ended with the letters OJO

See, I don't mind that AS much, if the plate is literally spelling something. It's the people that make up a personality for their car and call them her, or him, then choose a stupid name like Percy the Panda... Oh wait....

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)