new style mot certs...

Started by art b, October 19, 2011, 09:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art b

Just a heads up about the new style MOT certificates .
borrowed from elsewhere on the net,

You no longer get a green certificate when your car passes .
As from yesterday it is white paper with black print on it .
VOSA have changed the way we print the certificates . There is no longer the red , green , orange, and blue sheets . We put plain paper in the printer and it spits out an A4 certificate that is sideways to what they used to be . The actual MOT pass bit is printed to the left , and any advisory items are listed on the right-hand side . There is also no longer a peel-off reminder sticker .

It should make buying used cars safer having the advisories printed on the pass certificate . It means you will be aware of any items on the car that are at fault , but not so severe as to fail the test .

So . If you are looking at buying a car and ask to see the new MOT certificate don't be surprised at it's appearance . I have spent quite a lot of time today explaining the situtaion to customers who thought that their shiny new certificate looked dodgy .
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Roadkill

FUBAR

Sounds like penny pinching on the printing costs to me...

so Black print on plain white paper... thats not hard to forge at all is it...

just put a sticker over the advisories & photocopy it... think ahead Divvy LA!!

and as Steve posted... they've even provided an electronic copy for people to just make their own up!
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Titsy

Quoting: FUBAR

and as Steve posted... they've even provided an electronic copy for people to just make their own up!

Indeed, it opened in a pdf editor without any problem and even appeared without the sample watermark ready for me to enter my details minus advisories... Not difficult to make a copy without advisories...

Cunning Plan

Can you still search for the advisories using the document reference number on the V5?
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

philoldsmobile

My  first thought as well....

F Body

Quoting: philoldsmobile

My first thought as well....

Probably another step forward towards a vehicle electronic tag, they will hold the insurance, tax and MOT data etc

Just the sort of thing to enable automatic speeding tickets to be issued

Titsy

Quoting: F Body
Probably another step forward towards a vehicle electronic tag, they will hold the insurance, tax and MOT data etc

What would be the point? ANPR already checks all of the above from your reg plate...

F Body

Quoting: Titsy
What would be the point? ANPR already checks all of the above from your reg plate...

Number plates are easy to steal and change

No doubt the proposed electronic tag would also contain lots of other personal information