Main Menu

new v5's

Started by art b, October 26, 2011, 02:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art b

the v5 has been updated... at least its not a plain piece of paper like the mot..

http://buyerbeware.direct.gov.uk/v5c/index.html\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://buyerbeware.direct.gov.uk/v5c/index.html
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Cunning Plan

Yup, got one of mine through the post the other day..
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

FUBAR

Great isn't it...

"Hold the V5C up to the light and the 'DVL' watermark should be visible..."

"... But be careful - even if there is a 'DVL' watermark it doesn't mean that the V5C is genuine"

Talk about cover your ass...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Andy

Quoting: FUBAR
"Hold the V5C up to the light and the 'DVL' watermark should be visible..."

"... But be careful - even if there is a 'DVL' watermark it doesn't mean that the V5C is genuine"

Read that and just sighed.

That looks like the only major change apart from them being red.

F Body

Quoting: FUBAR
Talk about cover your ass...

"The new V5 makes it plain that it is NOT proof of ownership"

That's because the Divvy LA will send a new V5 to anyone, at any address who requests a replacement

Basically a worthless document

Titsy

So what is proof of ownership?

Andy

Quoting: Titsy
So what is proof of ownership?

A receipt of purchase.

A V5 has never been proof of ownership, only who is liable for paying the road tax.

Rob

Quoting: F Body
"The new V5 makes it plain that it is NOT proof of ownership"

That's because the Divvy LA will send a new V5 to anyone, at any address who requests a replacement  

Basically a worthless document

Mine just arrived for the 77' Trans am.  Only two and a half months after requesting it.

Not exactly worthless considering the previous owner listed is dead......So I guess it's officially mine now.

Andy

DivvyLA aparently never received the change of ownership jobby for the mustang. Add to that the guy who we bought it off of didnt putting the new tax disc in it and had lost it when we asked for it. A right pain in the arse going through their departments trying to work out what cryptic form you're meant to fill in!!