A bit of a ball breaker ?

Started by F Body, November 04, 2011, 11:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Time to change a track rod end ball joint on the Panda, it's been knocking like a woodpecker

Got my ball joint splitter ready :

Also as a back up, I got my 30 year old trusty fork splitter out :

The old one came off no problem with just a gentle tap of the hammer, because I sprayed the joints with WD40 last night

The new one on, not too worried about the tracking because all the tyres are due for replacement, so I'll have the tracking done at the same time

Whilst looking in the bottom of my large toolbox for the splitter, I came across my mini anvil

I've never ever used it and the only reason i bought it years ago is because it's cute

Totally time = 20 minutes and cost £14.87

Andy

Wylie Coyote lives in your toolbox.

Nice work on the track rod ends. Did you roughly measure how many turns off of the old ones?

F Body

Quoting: Andy
Nice work on the track rod ends. Did you roughly measure how many turns off of the old ones?

Loosened the nut enough to release the track rod end and just screwed the new one up to  the same place

Management has just given it a thrashing to Asda, over all the speed bumps and says it's a lot quieter and the steering seems more direct

Gotta scout round for a set of four new tyres 175x= 65 R14

The second set of Hankook's were only £26 each fitted, the last set of Marshall's nearly 25k miles ago had gone up to £38 each plus fitting

Looking the other week it was looking around £50 a corner

Roadkill

Quoting: Andy
Wylie Coyote lives in your toolbox.

That made the thread worth viewing !