Icon Derelict 1952 Chevrolet Business Coupe.

Started by F Body, October 29, 2011, 08:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Not a great fan of Rat Rods but this 52 Coupe is awesome, let me explain why

This 1952 Chevrolet Deluxe Business Coupe is hiding a full arsenal of modern engineering beneath over half a century of patina

The vehicle uses a complete powder-coated Art Morrison chassis with a front independent suspension and a four-link rear. An all-aluminum, fuel-injected 6.2-liter General Motors LS3 V8 sits between the frame rails and cranks out 430 horsepower. The engine is mated to a 4L65E automatic transmission and a full set of six-piston brakes with anti-lock control ensures that the whole party can come to a stop in a timely fashion
Despite looking like junkyard relics, the wheels are actually custom CNC-machined pieces shod in ZR-rated BF Goodrich rubber

Inside both seats have been recovered in a combination of wild-caught alligator and buffalo hides
The carpet is Rolls-Royce Wilton wool bound in buffalo as well, and an Aston Martin vintage mohair headliner finishes out the indoors. An array of tech is also tastefully hidden away as well, including Focal and Parrot audio components with Bluetooth capability.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/28/icon-derelict-52-chevy-business-coupe-is-unassuming-masterpiece/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/28/icon-derelict-52-chevy-business-coupe-is-unassuming-masterpiece/

Incursus

Motorama

Motorama

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Pod

Now that really is awesome!

Love the first two pictures.
Can't see any reason why 'old' cars can't have new bits hiding underneath like that.

Roadkill

We saw two examples of this while we were on the Power Tour - The Chevy van with the cut-off tree stump which had grown through the bumper springs to mind.

That car was so cool - and out-performed nearly all in the mini test track they had set up.

It certainly won't be to the same level but it's the general direction I'll be taking with the Caddy.

Incursus

Quoting: Roadkill
We saw two examples of this while we were on the Power Tour - The Chevy van with the cut-off tree stump which had grown through the bumper springs to mind.

That car was so cool - and out-performed nearly all in the mini test track they had set up

Including the Atom if I remember correctly though he really didn't know how to drive it.

Roadkill

Quoting: Incursus
Including the Atom if I remember correctly though he really didn't know how to drive it.

Yeah - that guy could not drive !