New Camaro ZL1 priced at £35k.

Started by F Body, November 15, 2011, 12:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

General Motors has announced pricing and performance details for the most powerful Camaro ever, and as expected, it's something of a bargain

An official MSRP of $54,995 includes a $900 delivery charge ( £35k UK Pounds ), and that cash buys a 6.2-liter, supercharged and intercooled LSA V8 that's good for 580bhp & 556 lb-ft of torque

The ZL1 will also pack standard Performance Traction Management, a suite of electronic suspension and steering enhancements including magnetic ride control, launch control, traction control, stability control and electric power steering. Chevrolet is also touting the Camaro's track-readiness, thanks to standard rear differential cooler, engine and transmission oil coolers, and brake-cooling ducts.

Chevy's official performance specs for the Camaro ZL1 favor the automatic which can do 0-60 in 3.9 seconds and cover the quarter-mile in 12.0 seconds at 119 miles per hour.
The manual is a tenth of a second slower in both exercises. Top speed for the manual is 180 mph and the automatic is four miles per hour faster

There are only six options on the ZL1, starting with the choice of transmission. An extra $1,185 will get you a six-speed automatic with manual shift mode. Adding bright aluminum wheels will set you back $470, as will stripes. A sunroof is priced at $900, while the carbon fiber hood insert is $600. Finally, a suede package for the steering wheel and shifter is $500. Leather interior is standard, along with heated power seats, and a nine-speaker audio system with USB port and Bluetooth.

Dealers should get their ZL1 coupes in the spring of 2012
Continue Reading »

F Body

Quoting: F Body
$54,995 includes a $900 delivery charge ( £35k UK Pounds ),

Pity it will probably cost double that by the time it reaches the UK

Andy

Am I right in thinking those specs are Porsche territory for at least half the price?

F Body

Quoting: Andy
Am I right in thinking those specs are Porsche territory for at least half the price?

Yes, a year or two ago they were Super car performance figures

HardRockCamaro

I'd estimate it would cost 48k by the time you got it here if you did it yourself, including shipping, a grand for any mods for SVA, import duty and vat...

It may seem a lot to us, but 48k is what a guy at work just paid for a BMW 335i coupe which I believe is 300bhp and doesn't have a heads up display etc or massive brembos...