Phone upgrade time again

Started by Big Mouse, May 19, 2012, 08:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mouse

I'm fed up with squinting at my Blandberry's tiny screen so have finally succumbed to accepting I need something bigger.

I don't like the Sony or HTC smart phones so its a choice between the iPhone 4 or the Samsung S2 (S3 is out soon but just has features I won't use)

So consdidered opinions on each please if you will but please, no 'Apple is great so buy the iphone' type comments

Andy

I've been a long time iPhone fan boi, but I'm seriously being persuaded by the Samsung 'Note', it seems a good cross over between a tablet/phone. The only reason I haven't done the switch is because I have a bunch of useful apps on my iPhone and I'm on Giffgaff and saving a huge amount out of contract!

ianjpage

S2 is a very nice phone to use (vicky has one) and has a really good screen, but is quite big in size, but a lot lighter IMO that the iphone...i'd got for that if i was due upgrade (as nokia don't do any non windows phones now )

Amey

Quoting: ianjpage
S2 is a very nice phone to use (vicky has one)

Yeap - love my S2. Had it about 2 months now on Vodafone.
yes it is a bit big, but got used that that really quickly. Touch screen is very easy to use and sound quality on calls is really clear as well.

Battery life is the only thing not 100% happy with to start with, but then I had non-smart phones before so they lasted a week or more.
If I don't play too many games on it a day it can last 2-3 days, if I'm playing on the games a lot it lasts that day

Big Mouse

hmm, battery life is a problem, I really just need it for email and the old fashioned phone calls - have a PC for games. I like the gorilla glass, seen too many iphones with cracked screens.

FUBAR

Quoting: Big Mouse
seen too many iphones with cracked screens.

I've seen a lot of thos as well, mainly from customers @ the Rose & Crown in Newport, it seems to be a trend
Gorilla Glass II is the best, not sure if its made its way to consumer phones yet though
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Incursus

I thought iPhone had gorilla glass?

Also @ Ian don't knock the New Windows phones I tried my brothers Titan and was very impressed.  Even tempted for my next upgrade

As long as they start making hi res phones..

ianjpage

Quoting: Incursus

Also @ Ian don't knock the New Windows phones I tried my brothers Titan and was very impressed. Even tempted for my next upgrade

I've used the W7 mobiles at work and don't like the layout / look & feel of it - mind you mind be the HTC Pro 7 it is loaded onto...

Fieldy

I cracked my iPhone screen, it cost £40 + 20mins to get fixed... Didn't think that was bad at all....

I am on Sim Only currently, and will get the iPhone 5 when it is released. It's the only phone I can picture having with the iPod, sat nav etc...

Incursus

I've used the W7 mobiles at work and don't like the layout / look & feel of it

Fair enough, might have to get used to it though as that's the format Microsoft are going with, including Windows 8.

ianjpage

Tis true but there always Andriod what-ever-it-is-called-next-year (as i'm guessing ICS been superceeded by then...)

Incursus

Tis true but there always Andriod what-ever-it-is-called-next-year (as i'm guessing ICS been superceeded by then...)

True though I'm not sure it will be a big update like ICS.