Jensen's Hot Rod Pedal Car - Finished !!!

Started by Roadkill, March 05, 2012, 04:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

Quoting: FUBAR
I may still have some of those, and a charger and some mountings for them in my old (and very dead RC car), they're old but should be fine, i'll check with my mum & see if they've been thrown away, if they haven't they're yours for free

Much appreciated.  A pack will certainly be easier to fix long-term . . . .

Good news, though . . . I tested the two remaining Duracells in a torch earlier and they didn't even light the bulb !
That made me think that they were definitely specific-use batteries.
So I threw them away.

Brought some new Duracell "Ultras" at CostCo earlier . . . . .

Ta-Dah ! - It's like Fooking daylight !!!

VERY happy with that.

Just got to fit the battery box somewhere (not a clue atm) and solder in the last couple of wires . . . couple of finishing-off jobs after that and she's done . . . . I have a final, simple, finishing touch to add that I hope works as I plan.

Oh, and here's the second battery that exploded . . . It's not a good pic but you can make out that the (-) end has been blown almost entirely away from the casing . . . . And that's how I found it.

Roadkill

Have (so far) spent about 4 hours building a floor pan and bulkhead to keep Jensen out of the moving parts until he's big enough . . . . Amazing what you can find in a well stocked rollcab.

Also fitted the horn and mounted the battery box and fitted a battery retaining strap . . . . Just got two solder joints to make and insulate and then the wiring is done . . . . In fact . . It's finished.

Nearly.

There's a couple of little bits I still want to do . . . one depends on the postman and the other on whether there's a pinstriper at Billing next weekend . . .

Pics to follow.

Roadkill

Total cost so far = £129.21 . . . it's nearly finished.

Should be done by the end of the weekend.

FUBAR

Did you manage to get any pinstriping done last weekend m8?
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Big Mouse

Quoting: Roadkill
 Total cost so far = £129.21

I know you wouldn't, but one has to wonder what that would now achieve on rodsnsods or even fleabay

Roadkill

Quoting: FUBAR
Did you manage to get any pinstriping done last weekend m8?

I didn't, no - there didn't appear to be a 'striper there . . . although I was told that there would be.

Quoting: Big Mouse
I know you wouldn't, but one has to wonder what that would now achieve on rodsnsods or even fleabay

I know what you mean . . . same which the table I made . . . If I had more time I'd build one or two and take a chance . . . no time as yet, though.

Roadkill

I got this finished at the weekend*

I'll get some pics up . . . . . . . .

*Except the pinstriping - which I'm hoping to have done at the next Hot Rod show . . . .

Roadkill

Now finished (will get it pin striped one day . . )

Incursus

Awesome

Nice touch with the Jensen logo's

Jo