Main Menu

Dodge Neon

Started by Jo, May 14, 2006, 04:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo

Ok, been out in Cambridge today and we saw a Dodge Neon, it looked really nice, the front end is quite distinctive.  I wouldn't mind looking more into this as a daily driver, anybody heard how much these go for? how reliable? how well made? etc, any advise would be welcome.

philoldsmobile

its exactgly the same as the chrysler neon, except for the front bumper..

sadly, reliability and quality is extremely variable, and the yare seen as pretty much a junk car in the US.. when they are good, hey are pretty good, but when they are bad they are horrid!!

EDGE

well.. the one i bought had a few faults, all of which ive fixed now..

1, dash not opperating correctly.. took apart and sorted the connectors behind..

2, rear shock top mounts knackered.. apparently a common problem, £30 from the dealers, fitted at home,

3, front brake discs were shafted, didnt realise until i had the mot that they were screwed, got some new ones at the trade warehouse for £60 + VAT all in, both discs and pads, the dealers wanted over £200 +vat !!!! again, fitted at home.

thats about it really... youve seen mine, and driven it, its not a bad car really and they can be picked up cheap, on ebay they all go for less than a grand for the old shap or 1500 ish for the new shape.  I prefer the new shape looks but the one ive got does the job...

EDGE