Dam Computer virus again !

Started by F Body, June 06, 2006, 07:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

The lap top has yet another Trojan virus on it

Firstly it was me using it last night and I only visited two sites ( AACI & here ) and secondly what the hell am I paying £100+ per year for what is susposed to be the dogs system ?
I've got the full puka Norton system works , Adware Professional and Spyware etc.
Nothing was downloaded , no messages , just a virus notification - you have a trojan ( backdoor downloader ) unable to delete

That will be the Lap top shut down for the next week or so

Roadkill

One wonders why you visited TWO sites last night and not just one.

ianjpage

hmm does the norton system have firewall as well as AV mate?>?

Also i found that norton AV is not all its cracked up to be - we have changed from norton at work to ESET AV and the ESET one picked up a number of torjans that norton didn't!!!!!!

F Body

Quoting: ianjpage
Also i found that norton AV is not all its cracked up to be - we have changed from norton at work to ESET AV and the ESET one picked up a number of torjans that norton didn't!!!!!!

Dunno

It's got some sort of fancy firewall installed because he was pulling his hair trying to get the Wi-Fi to work with it.

I'll be off line till next week at the earliest , so if anybody needs to contact me please ring/text my mobile or work e-mail : martyn.quigley-phipps@ibcvehicles.co.uk

ianjpage

55starchief

When will you people learn, ditch that PC and get a MAC the chosen peoples computer. I mean we are even developing dual boot MACs for those who need there fix of error messages and all the other crap that PC's bring running on a unstable platorm of windozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze. Why use an imitaion when you can have the real deal MAC's Rock

ianjpage

cos some of us do more than surf - i.e. play alot fo games

hehehehe

Incursus

Quoting: 55starchief
When will you people learn, ditch that PC and get a MAC the chosen peoples computer. I mean we are even developing dual boot MACs for those who need there fix of error messages and all the other crap that PC's bring running on a unstable platorm of windozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze. Why use an imitaion when you can have the real deal MAC's Rock

Where's the fun in that?  Thats like owning a modern, reliable car...no fun if you don't have to twat it with a hammer every so often

Plus I couldn't get used to then one button mouse....just wrong

(been a long time since I used a mac might have added another button by now)

55starchief

Quoting: ianjpage
cos some of us do more than surf - i.e. play alot fo games

Loads of games available for the mac just look on the apple website

Quoting: Incursus
Plus I couldn't get used to then one button mouse....just wrong

we solved this for the PC users who need 2 buttons, just use a PC mouse and we work the same way although why you need 2 buttons escapes me just hold the one button down longer and theoptions appear. Damn PC's making life dificult with left and right

Incursus

Damn PC's making life dificult with left and right

pfft I have 8 buttons on my mouse

just hold the one button down longer and the options appear

Thats what I hated most about Macs. Life's to short

Besides there to easy to use and there reliable :yawn:

No 'puter games niver

Roadkill

Plus P.C's come with a choice of pretty cases and keyboards.

Incursus

Quoting: Roadkill
Plus P.C's come with a choice of pretty cases and keyboards.

Yeah mac's do tend to look a little girly these days

Losty

rofl,
Gary Glitter would like those games...
 most of them are about 5 years old

Roadkill

Quoting: Losty
Gary Glitter would like those games...
most of them are about 5 years old

I think "pwned" is apt, here, Graemey.

F Body

OK laptop back up and running with yet more security software including " spybot " now

Dam things got more protection than a Mafia Don , should be OK for the next week LOL

HardRockCamaro

Plug in a multi button mouse into your Mac if it makes you any happier.
Once you use an OS that's designed properly though you realise you don't need 5 buttons.

Just keep the PC for games and nothing else (so it doesn't go on the internet and get infected).  Having said that you can get the likes of Call of Duty 2 and stuff for the Mac anyways within a couple of months of the PC release...

55starchief

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Plug in a multi button mouse into your Mac if it makes you any happier.
Once you use an OS that's designed properly though you realise you don't need 5 buttons.

Just keep the PC for games and nothing else (so it doesn't go on the internet and get infected). Having said that you can get the likes of Call of Duty 2 and stuff for the Mac anyways within a couple of months of the PC release...

Amen brother

Have a pair of MAC's a mini and a G4 powerbook, just saving my pennies for a new intel one

Losty

Have a pair of MAC's a mini and a G4 powerbook, just saving my pennies for a new intel one

and you call the rest of us geeks?  

HardRockCamaro

I've just got my trusty dual G4 Powermac.
Loaded up with 2GB of RAM, 500GB of disk space and a replacement ATI 9600XT.

Handles everything I've thrown at it.