WANTED: Carter BBD 2bbl carb

Started by nick69, July 21, 2006, 04:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick69

Anyone got one of these little carbs floating around as mine is shot and leaking fuel all over the intake as we speak!!!

55starchief

Thats what the carters do mate, just been discussing with dean about his tri power setup and convinced him to look at the baby demon carbs. They have a 350cfm 2 barrel and a 500cfm 2 barrel

Roadkill

Quoting: nick69
leaking fuel all over the intake as we speak!!!

Yeah, it always did that . . .

nick69

Quoting: 55starchief
Thats what the carters do mate, just been discussing with dean about his tri power setup and convinced him to look at the baby demon carbs. They have a 350cfm 2 barrel and a 500cfm 2 barrel

Only problem is id have to upgrade the intake to fit them and I dont really want to have to do that! Plus Ive ran out of money!! LOL

55starchief

Only problem is id have to upgrade the intake to fit them

They should bolt straight on mate, they run about $299

nick69

Got a link to one. I can only find Demon Jr 2bbl. They are totally different base pattern!

Incursus

Only problem is id have to upgrade the intake to fit them and I dont really want to have to do that! Plus Ive ran out of money!! LOL

K my 4 barrel holley wont help you much then

nick69

Incursus

Quoting: Incursus

K my 4 barrel holley wont help you much then

Cant you get an adapter plate though?

Incursus

Of course my Edelbrock intake will be available as well

Infact the entire engine and transmission for that matter

nick69

whens that lot going to be available??
Give us 1st dibs when it is!!! Ill see if I can drum up enough money!!

nick69

Cant you get an adapter plate though?

I dont know tbh??

Incursus

whens that lot going to be available??

Late september probably.  I'll need to keep some stuff off it like the dizzy and starter.

Incursus

I can put your Wanted up on the MMA if you like?

55starchief

Shouldnt be to dificult to make an adaptor plate just a bit of 3/8 ali. Am guessing the carter from memory will have 3 studs? if so the back 2 should align on the demon the front one you can use with a countersunk bolt to hold it to the manifold then simply 2 bolts on the front of the demon. This is the soloution dean and I ca,e up with for his tri power setup

nick69

The BBD has a 4 bolt pattern.
Im gonna get an adapter on monday and see if i can make it fit.

nick69

That would great thanks. Ive joined but havnt got my membership number back yet!

Incursus

That would great thanks.

Done

nick69

Cheers dude. Im gonna try and get a holley 4bbl also and try an adapter and 'Adapt it to fit' so to speak.