Ever copied & pasted a credit card number online....

Started by ianjpage, August 02, 2006, 08:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianjpage

well its not safe to do it... or infact any personal / confidential information......

Copy any text / numbers etc you like and go to this URL which demo's the Hack that websites can use  (seems to only work in IE thankfully!)

http://www.sourcecodesworld.com/special/clipboard.asp\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.sourcecodesworld.com/special/clipboard.asp

It does also tell you how to stop it occuring as well.

Basically any information you have in yer clipboard can be read, so if you are asked to type & confirm by re-typing yer c/c no and you copy & pastye it.......

Roadkill

sixpack2639

Quoting: Roadkill
Yup, Guilty of that . . . . Until now

Me Too! My clipboard is now secure according to them.

Incursus

ianjpage

Yup, Guilty of that . . . . Until now.

ditto....will make sure i type it in now!

Quoting: sixpack2639

Me Too! My clipboard is now secure according to them.

i think most people do copy & paste with some form of secure info at some point!!

55starchief

its a microshite problem mac users are safe

mac for teh win !!!!!!!!!1111111oneoneone

ianjpage

Quoting: 55starchief

Yeah yeah yeah but the Majority of people use IE on PC's tho !!!

But thankfully firefox doesn't have the issue and that is wot i use now!!

FUBAR

I've never used an online store where its asked you to input you're card number twice.  email addresses yes but those, nope.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Incursus

Quoting: FUBAR
I've never used an online store where its asked you to input you're card number twice

Ditto.

Pod

Quoting: 55starchief

Given that mac users can only cope with one mouse button, cut and paste is far too advanced so it's not an issue.

Roadkill

Quoting: Pod
Given that mac users can only cope with one mouse button, cut and paste is far too advanced so it's not an issue.

(Very)

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

55starchief

We only need 1 button as our OS is written properly without the need for hundreds of buttons to do simple tasks that the mac does already

Roadkill

A Complex machine to cope with simple people some may say . . . .

ianjpage

Quoting: FUBAR
I've never used an online store where its asked you to input you're card number twice. email addresses yes but those, nope.

An example my friend, an example!

A Complex machine to cope with simple people some may say . . . .