Best place to look for yank?

Started by Cunning Plan, August 16, 2006, 02:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunning Plan

I think that egay.co.uk is out as things go on there for more than they need to because of the egay mentality - also nothing ive brought of there has been like the description with the exception of ink cartridges

So, whats the best magazines to look in?  Sites?  Best importer? (idealy want to get one in England but if its cheap enough USA it is)
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Rocky

CJ-IROCZ

rocky have you got any 3rd gens for sale mate . mines not worth doing so im after something else . sorry to hijack

Jo

What you done to yours then fin?

Mustangus

Quoting: Cunning Plan
whats the best magazines to look in

American Car World ads are pretty good

Cunning Plan

Dodge Ram 96-03 i think..  I love the old yank stuff, but ive already had a old thing project with my VW van so would like something that i can just enjoy for a bit..
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Rocky

Classic American mag would probably be best for one of those,
Auto trader, Findit.co.uk,
Fin sorry no just sold my last one got one im getting soon but i will probably hold onto it a bit,Got a nice 2nd gen Z28
Whats yours like im always after them.

CJ-IROCZ

its a '83 Z28 in fairly good condition black with silver stripes, hardly any rust apart from the battery tray but i'm welding a new one in,. It needs a couple of small dents sorting and a respray . The engine has been bored .030" over and is being built up fully forged with XE274 comp cam ally heads and rpm intake . i'm keeping the engine though. transmission is a 700r4 that has also been rebuilt 3 years ago.

Rocky

So its for sale without engine but with gearbox,How much you asking? dont need the welding doing if thats ok

Incursus

Quoting: Cunning Plan
Best place to look for yank?

You can still get some good deals on ebay but always go see the car before you bid!  

http://www.autotrader.co.uk\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">www.autotrader.co.uk  is another good source.

Or there's Billing.... often cars up for sale there. Bought my Duster at a show

Roadkill

Nothing wrong with ebay . . . . Just don't rely on the discription - go and see it . . . flash some cash and secure a deal.

That's how I got the Caddy.

CJ-IROCZ

sorry Rocky i'm keeping the gearbox. i will get me new car and then i will give you first refusal though , i wont be asking a lot though.

philoldsmobile

http://www.redbournesamerican.co.uk\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">www.redbournesamerican.co.uk is an excelent place..