MP3

Started by Flitwick stang, October 01, 2006, 12:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flitwick stang

What web site(s) do people use for down-loading MP3's?

Mustangus

Rob

Bit-Comet.....

You can choose files before download so you know what your getting.

Incursus

itunes and  cough utorrent cough

HardRockCamaro

Roadkill

I don't download them to be honest . . . . . . .

I looked on itunes but their selection was utter $hite.

I don't bother, now - Just pick up albums for 99p from eBay then stick 'em on the P.C . . . It's alot cheaper then the itunes store.

55starchief

I use itunes but not a lot, most of mine a ripped from albums i own or borrow from work

Rob

Let me know what you want off forum and I will get it for you

Cunning Plan

you guys using iTunes - how do you unprotect your downloaded music so you can play it on anything? DRM or whatever it is..  i heard about burning to a cd then putting back on to the computer - but hassle, also looked up HYmn project or whatever - but it doesnt work as it cant find my fairkeys or w00t... so what do you guys do or do you own ipods?
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

55starchief

Quoting: Cunning Plan
you guys using iTunes - how do you unprotect your downloaded music so you can play it on anything? DRM or whatever it is.. i heard about burning to a cd then putting back on to the computer - but hassle, also looked up HYmn project or whatever - but it doesnt work as it cant find my fairkeys or w00t... so what do you guys do or do you own ipods?

You can convert all the tracks to MP3 mate as far as i am aware. Personaly i own an ipod

Cunning Plan

Quoting: 55starchief
you guys using iTunes - how do you unprotect your downloaded music so you can play it on anything? DRM or whatever it is.. i heard about burning to a cd then putting back on to the computer - but hassle, also looked up HYmn project or whatever - but it doesnt work as it cant find my fairkeys or w00t... so what do you guys do or do you own ipods?

You can convert all the tracks to MP3 mate as far as i am aware. Personaly i own an ipod

Do you know with what program?

55starchief

er in itunes itself mate

Incursus

er in itunes itself mate

Tis what I do, so I can listen in the car and at work...my social standing is far too low for an iPod

Cunning Plan

Quoting: Incursus

er in itunes itself mate

Tis what I do, so I can listen in the car and at work...my social standing is far too low for an iPod

urm.. am i being simple?? where is the option to change the files to MP3?? mine just keeps going on about being protected - i cant even play the files on winamp ONLY itunes will play them  

55starchief

urm.. am i being simple??

Wouldnt want to comment mate, but its under prefernces/advanced/importing

Cunning Plan

Wouldnt want to comment mate, but its under prefernces/advanced/importing

im talking about music purchased with itunes not from a CD.. im in that menu but i cant see how it will let me convert this locked files to mp3

55starchief

m talking about music purchased with itunes not from a CD.. im in that menu but i cant see how it will let me convert this locked files to mp3

for some one with a degree

select mp3 then go back to the music list and go to advanced then convert to mp3

Cunning Plan

for some one with a degree

select mp3 then go back to the music list and go to advanced then convert to mp3

haha

it says "kill it tonight" could not be converted becuase protected files cannot be coverted into other formats

booo!!

55starchief

well thats due to the licensing that apple pays to the performers unlike the mp3 sites that dont.

Guess you need to get an ipod then

Cunning Plan

dang.. thanks anyway - ill keep at it

FUBAR

i'd still rather buy the CDs from the shop, they aren't normally that much more expensive.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

EDGE

they are when you only want 3 tracks off an album

Cunning Plan

Edge - www.hymn-project.org apparently can unlock the music but they are waiting for someone to break the new algorhythum (sp??) of iTunes 6 ..  apparently it works if you have an older version of iTunes but if you install 6 and try to downgrade to 4 etc the server will know and not unlock..  

stupid itunes

what site does everyone use to DL legal mp3s then?  limewire is pants now!!!  

Incursus

haha

it says "kill it tonight" could not be converted becuase protected files cannot be coverted into other formats

booo!!

Ahh yeah if you buy from iTune you cant convert, I've only bought a couple of tracks.  You can burn to disk then rip again...tis what I did.

HardRockCamaro

I don't bother unprotecting the files I've bought.

I own an iPod thus I don't need to worry about it.
Especially as I can buyn CD's to listen in the car and can have up to 5 computers registered to play the songs as is.
For me the DRM is not a problem.

If it was, I'd just a burn a CD then re-import it back in.
It's hardly any more hassle than buying a CD and importing that anyway.