Richard Hammond Critical after Jet-Car Crash

Started by FUBAR, September 20, 2006, 06:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art b

Quoting: F Body
From his hospital bed, Top Gear's Richard Hammond is asking the BBC to show on television the footage of the crash that put him there. But the BBC has said the show will only continue when Hammond is able to appear on it. With forces at work to have the show canceled (or prohibitively curtailed), the Hamster is also prepared to go on TV from his bedside.

In typical Top Gear fashion, Richard has been speeding down the fast lane towards full recovery, but he's afraid he won't be back fast enough, leaving no show for him to return to. According to a "close friend", "Richard could not stand to feel he was to blame for the demise of the show he loves... He's terrified they're going to axe it while he's stuck in hospital."

Now that's dedication to motor journalism.

thats short guys for ya..
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

ianjpage

Quoting: F Body

Now that's dedication to motor journalism.

indeed

Oh and sign this!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/tg100/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.petitiononline.com/tg100/

Roadkill

Siggy 36038

EDIT - TBH, I don't care if TG is cut or not . . . but to use Hammond as an excuse is just wrong.

ianjpage

Quoting: Roadkill
but to use Hammond as an excuse is just wrong.

especially when he is not currently able to do much about it!!

FUBAR

ianjpage

Roadkill

ianjpage

Quoting: ianjpage
no?

Yes.

GROAN!

ok ok - what NUMBER

Incursus

Websense strikes again...do it when I get home

F Body

Some feared that anti-motoring opportunists would use Richard Hammond's crash as a pretext to have the show shut down, but the BBC is making good on its pledge not to cancel Top Gear.

While Richard recovers from his injuries at a hospital in Bristol, England, fellow host Jeremy Clarkson test drove the latest Lotus Europa on camera, as filming resumes for the new series only on segments that don't require Hammond's presence. They don't yet know when the new series will air, because that depends on when Richard is recovered and able to return to the set.

We can speculate that the positive news will help Richard recover faster, knowing that he's got a show to return to when he's up to it. And we just can't wait.

FUBAR

yeah

good to know they're keeping it, and that he's still recovering well

Losty

I heard Sir Elton John had also went to Hammonds bedside, as they now have something in common....

Skidmarks on their helmets.....

Mustangus

Rob

55starchief

Roadkill

Quoting: Losty
Skidmarks on their helmets.....

<groan>

Glad to hear the shows going on - Not that I watch it or care that much - just think using this as an excuse would've been below the belt . .

55starchief

Glad to hear the shows going on - Not that I watch it or care that much - just think using this as an excuse would've been below the belt . .

Indeed, stopped watching it a couple of years back when it went chav

Roadkill

Quoting: Mustangus

Posted on the mustang owners club

Again, groan.

Roadkill