AGAHAGHAHAAHGHHHHHGHGHGHGH

Started by EDGE, November 30, 2006, 02:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDGE

FOOKING banks!!!

Right.. summit tried to put through my order..... no problem, credit card declined becuae it hadnt been used before, now someone tries to put through a $3500 transaction with me not present in foreighn parts.. fine.. summit repeatedly try to process the card as normal, this has now locked the account for 48 hours.. nothing they can do about it (the bank)

so... i call barclays, after speaking to some fukwit in the back end of bangladesh who was NO help what so ever.... i finally get given a number to find out the rate for dollars if using my card online.... ta da.......

1 point foooking 83.... you're surely haveing a giraffe.... thats 13c below trading rate... so they can fook right off... especially seeing as they want 2.75% handling on top of that....

so... i call egg... go through al thier hoops to talk to a person.... fine, exchange rate ios 1.96.. cool... but.. i need £300 more credit limit than what theyve given me... DECLINED..... WTF!!!!!! declined by a machine i might add.. i have to email and appeal it if i want to, that could get though to a HUMAN to check...

FACITS

from now on Im keeping what little money i have left at home in the gun safe

EDGE

F Body

Bummer Mate
1.83 is taking the pee

Finlay

Ring up summit and they will pot the majority on one card that has the best rate and the rest on another card. There quite good like that.

Pod

I bought some stuff using paypal at the beginning of the month and got about 1.85. No handling or any other charges.
No idea what the trading rate was then, but you're never going to get close to that unless you're Binky.

Mind you, my card has (luckily) been stopped by the bank because someone tried to charge it without me knowing.
I'm glad the bank picked up on it before whoever it was spent all my money, but it does mean I have to wait a week or so for a new card and number to arrive.

55starchief

Quoting: Pod
but you're never going to get close to that unless you're Binky

or have a US bank account

ianjpage

blooyd hell life aint never easy is it mate!!

EDGE

ohhh for fu*k sake......

now summit want a photocopy of the credit card, front and back, and a copy of my drivers license.. front and back...

WTF! !!!!!!!

55starchief

Quoting: EDGE
ohhh for fu*k sake......

now summit want a photocopy of the credit card, front and back, and a copy of my drivers license.. front and back...

WTF! !!!!!!!

Yup been there before

EDGE

what gives... al i wanna do is order some damn stuff

55starchief

what gives... al i wanna do is order some damn stuff

Its all to do with money laundering mate. Wait till you start the mortgage game and the questions they want answers to

FUBAR

Quoting: Pod
Mind you, my card has (luckily) been stopped by the bank because someone tried to charge it without me knowing.  
I'm glad the bank picked up on it before whoever it was spent all my money, but it does mean I have to wait a week or so for a new card and number to arrive.

exactly the same thing has just happened to me m8, got my new card through today though
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

philoldsmobile

had this a couple of months ago, someone played well over £300 worth of online poker with my credit card!

sorted soon enough though...

FUBAR

yeah the funny thing is, the little bastards picked a terrible time to clone my card, they managed to get away with ...

wait for it...

£2!!!!

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

EDGE

welll...

looks like the transaction actually went though last night after ages of me talking to both the bank and summit.... I got a rate of 1.935 which isn't terrifyingly bad... i guess .....that figure does include their 2. something % handling charge... but all that needs to happen now is verification and anti-laundering checks and the order is ok to ship..... it MIGHT even arrive before Christmas.. who knows.....

EDGE

Big Mouse

...or order through an american soldiers apo, get the best rate off the card and no shipping or excise to pay. Just a drive up to cambridgeshire to collect. Even sold a couple of items at a profit!!

Thats not at all helpful to you Edge but I thought I'd throw it in anyway

EDGE

Quoting: Big Mouse
Thats not at all helpful to you Edge but I thought I'd throw it in anyway

I wouldn't count on that

EDGE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

now summit tell me that they havent even ordered te blower from paxton yet...

if they were over here, or i was there id be at the customer services desk doing my fu*king PIECE by now......
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

55starchief

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

now summit tell me that they havent even ordered te blower from paxton yet...

if they were over here, or i was there id be at the customer services desk doing my fu*king PIECE by now......
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Have they taken the money?

EDGE