It's been along time ?

Started by F Body, December 14, 2006, 02:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Four and a half years since the 4th July 2002

That's approx 1,640 days or 39,420 hours

Since I drove through a mobile speed camera in Norfolk

I have just filled in my application for a new clean driving licence following my conviction on the 19th December 2002 for said speeding offence.

Remember this was well before speeding became the No.1 capital offence in the UK, I was banned for 42 days and fined £640.

I did think about telling them that I had lifted off the throttle well before I went though the camera at 138mph in a 60mph limit, but decided that it was better to just grovel.

So for those of thinking it's still clever to exceed 100mph on a public road, 1,640 days is a dam long time and the ban counts on my insurance for ever, because they always ask " Have you ever been disqualified ? "

More to the point if your much over 100mph you will be automatically banned for at least six months, get 10 points and stand a very good chance of being sent to jail

55starchief

Quoting: F Body

More to the point if your much over 100mph you will be automatically banned for at least six months, get 10 points and stand a very good chance of being sent to jail

thats a sticky one mate, boss's daughter got done about 2 years back doing 120mph down the A5 got a 2 week ban and a small fine

F Body

I also forgot that you can also be made to re-take an extended driving test which costs £75

Roadkill

I've always been lucky so far . . . .

ianjpage

Quoting: Roadkill

I've always been lucky so far . . . .

DOH you damn jinxed it now lol!!

Jamieg285

art b

I did think about telling them that I had lifted off the throttle well before I went though the camera at 138mph in a 60mph limit, but decided that it was better to just grovel.

its still a badge of honour
138 in a 60.........not many people can claim that
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

ianjpage

Quoting: art b

AND he slowed down

F Body

Quoting: art b

and they sent me the pictures to prove it

At the time it was a nice warm dry clear summer morning and I wanted to overtake four lorries which were doing 35/40mph in a 60 limit.
Came out of the big roundabout at Brandon and edged onto the outside, I could see right down the 1.7 mile arrow straight road and nothing was coming and there are no side turnings.
Planted right foot into the carpet and as I approached the fourth articulated lorry lifted off, as I came past the last lorry I saw the mobile camera van !
Another 2 seconds and the lorry would have sheilded me from the camera and I've have never known it was there, such is life

Roadkill

Another 2 seconds and the lorry would have sheilded me from the camera and I've have never known it was there, such is life

That REALLY sucks . . .