Hmmm... Mustang projector beam headlights on flebay

Started by philoldsmobile, December 18, 2006, 07:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianjpage

55starchief

philoldsmobile

i have the clear indicators that would go with them (they look bloody good on a silver car), so would follow the look ok, also they should give damned good light...

gotta look better than nasty yellowed origionals

Incursus

55starchief

I guess you could go the HID route but it would be about $500

F Body

Interesting that Chevrolet ( Daewoo ) have just moved out of the of GM office block next door.

Had a scout around this morning and liberated a Chevrolet Mechanics Jacket, but also saw six complete HID head lamp units

Assuming that they can be liberated from the skip, don't you need some sort of special transformer to power them

55starchief

Quoting: F Body
Assuming that they can be liberated from the skip, don't you need some sort of special transformer to power them

the headlights are the same its the lamp and coil pack you need

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
the headlights are the same its the lamp and coil pack you need

Well they are obviously from some sort of Chevrolet, but it's the whole headlamp unit , everything bulbs indicators the lot !
The plugs are on the back, I was thinking that if all they need is a power supply and/or relay, I'd look at converting the Camaro headlamps and/or GMC

55starchief

everything bulbs indicators the lot !

well couldnt hurt even if you them you can do a HID conversion for about £255

http://www.consumabulbs.com/files/allbulbs.php?cat_id=6&ls=ghidkits\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.consumabulbs.com/files/allbulbs.php?cat_id=6&ls=ghidkits

F Body

I'll speak to my scrap man this afternoon

Have to go through the channels and get it in writing to avoid any possible issues

55starchief

I'll speak to my scrap man this afternoon

well they have to be worth about £70 each minimum so that should cover the upgrade to both vehicles

F Body

Dam and double dam

Got the paper work sorted and went over to the office and they have gone to that great scrap yard in the sky ( well H.Williams in Hitchin actually ).

Cross that one off the list then

55starchief

Dam and double dam

Got the paper work sorted and went over to the office and they have gone to that great scrap yard in the sky ( well H.Williams in Hitchin actually ).

denied

ianjpage

Dam and double dam

DOH!

55starchief

next time take first then sort out the paper work am guessing as long as they dont leave the premises its not theft

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
next time take first then sort out the paper work am guessing as long as they dont leave the premises its not theft

You never know, wasn't worth getting sacked over

Here's the jacket :

It also has the same logo & name on the back.

philoldsmobile

anyone know about the wiring on these? it says relays and wiring included... i dont wanna fry anything...

Finlay

Phil,
I'll go for a pair to replace the Ford mello Yellow quality plastic ones, If you decide to get some Phil let me know and we can share the postage if you want

Cheers
Fin

Incursus

Quoting: Finlay
Phil,
I'll go for a pair to replace the Ford mello Yellow quality plastic ones, If you decide to get some Phil let me know and we can share the postage if you want

Cheers
Fin

ditto

Jamieg285

philoldsmobile

yeah, shipping will be way cheaper on baulk purchace!

ianjpage

Quoting: Jamieg285

Well that's 3 in the box - Ian????

nope  not for me - i prefer the cobra's current lights over these TBH

Finlay

Just let me know then Phil, And I'll paypal the money over to you