Computer Problems.

Started by F Body, January 04, 2007, 08:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

First of all I renewed the Norton Anit-Virus subscription on Monday and the whole virus scan system failed
Been discussing the issues with Norton who have given me an extra year for free but......................
It still doesn't work
Now the internet at work is so slow that it's making Greame's completion of the Pontiac look rapid
Carry on Ho'ing without me !

:astheyneedanexcuseanyway:

55starchief

do yourself a favour and ditch norton and download AVG its free and totaly rocks

Jamieg285

Yep, Norton sucks on many levels.  There are far better options to be had.

55starchief

Quoting: Jamieg285
Yep, Norton sucks on many levels.

yup eat eats up system resources on the PC, i have it at home on the mac and it works fine. I mainly have it for the 1 virus thats listed against the mac

Roadkill

I use AVG at work.

Seems fine.

Rob

Nortons conflict with everything....I'm a Mcafee user.

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill
I use AVG at work.

Same here, have it on all the machines here

Pod

We use Mcafee as we have a site licence.
Norton is the worst possible choice I've come across. I'd rather go without than use Norton.

ianjpage

Quoting: Pod
Norton is the worst possible choice I've come across. I'd rather go without than use Norton.

yeah too true!

We used to use norton cos it came FOC on teh pc's but we now use another product by ESET

FUBAR

I've never had any problems with Norton TBH...

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Incursus

Using the nortons 360 beta atm even though i've got a paid up subscription to Mcafee.

Norton has never given me problems but Mcafee has been a disaster since the last, major software "improvement", they installed on my PC about 6 months ago

F Body

57 e-mails later and it still don't work

I haven;t had a problem with Norton running or scanning etc it's been fine.
It's the ruddy automatic subscription which sucks

Just sent them another-mail telling them to let me download a complete new version or give me a refund and I'll go elsewhere.

The main problem is I'm dealing with Dilip Patel who is probably working nightshift in India

HardRockCamaro

Norton blows.

55S:  Whatever you do, nevr, but NEVER, install Norton systemworks on your Mac, you will end up with a pretty but expensive white/silver paperweight.

55starchief

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
55S: Whatever you do, nevr, but NEVER, install Norton systemworks on your Mac, you will end up with a pretty but expensive white/silver paperweight.

i have the antivirus 10.X.X is that the same one?

HardRockCamaro

Don't think so.

You really don't need it mind.
Apple have discontinued the free Virex anti-virus they give to .Mac subscribers as it doesn't in fact do anything as the viruses it catches are old OS9 and previous ones of which there have been bno reported instances for years.  And even if there were, they don't harm OSX.

55starchief

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Don't think so.

You really don't need it mind.
Apple have discontinued the free Virex anti-virus they give to .Mac subscribers as it doesn't in fact do anything as the viruses it catches are old OS9 and previous ones of which there have been bno reported instances for years. And even if there were, they don't harm OSX.

Damn it i renewed my subscription the other night, i went to do a scan out of interest and it told me the last scan was a year ago and my subsription was out of date.

might as well delete it then

HardRockCamaro

Well, if you already have it you may as well keep it, "be prepared" and all that.
With Apple increasing its market share from Winblows virus writers could turn their attention to the platform although in theory it would be more difficult than on the Winblows platform as there is so much built-in security in OSX that nakes it a more secure configuration out of the box anyway.

As you've paid for it, may as well keep it.
It could help you wed out PC viruses so you don't inadvertantly pass them on to friends who use the heathen boxes.

philoldsmobile

Quoting: 55starchief
do yourself a favour and ditch norton and download AVG its free and totaly rocks

thats what i've just done, seems a LOT faster than norton, and works!

Incursus

Quoting: philoldsmobile

Certainly give it a go when my McCrapies sub runs out.

ianjpage

Quoting: 55starchief

well  Mr Fubra is  now running AVG