The Ultimate Swiss Army Knife

Started by 55starchief, January 22, 2007, 05:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

55starchief

Wenger have launched this mother, costing £500 and containing 85 different tools it has to be the largest knife ever made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbOZL8sIpT8\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbOZL8sIpT8

Titsy

Not going to fit in your pocket though, nor your hand...

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

EDGE

i saw one of those at a shop in blue water... its fooking massive

Roadkill

How incredibly stupid.

Like a 12" exhaust on a Saxo.  Pointless.

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill

How incredibly stupid.

Its more a showcase of what the engineers could do

FUBAR

Quoting: 55starchief
Its more a showcase of what the engineers could do

Isn't it just a case of sliding more & more accessories over a pair of really long bolts & sticking the red plastic bits on the end?

not exactly racquet surgery...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Quoting: FUBAR
Isn't it just a case of sliding more & more accessories over a pair of really long bolts & sticking the red plastic bits on the end?

Yeah, basically.

Real engineering would be to put all that into something half the size.

philoldsmobile

and make it so the tools actualy work.....

ever tried to use any of the tools on a swiss army knife? totaly useless....

55starchief

Quoting: philoldsmobile
ever tried to use any of the tools on a swiss army knife? totaly useless...

totaly disagree, i used mine to remove the rear seat in chris's duster and numerouse other jobs

philoldsmobile

give me real tool any day, i find swiss knives are akward stumpy and uncomfortable...

Titsy

give me real tool any day, i find swiss knives are akward stumpy and uncomfortable...

I agree, but you are preaching to Graeme, a guy with a tool fetish...

55starchief

Quoting: Titsy
I agree, but you are preaching to Graeme, a guy with a tool fetish..

that reminds me it's wednesday tomorrow which means its the MAC tool van day hopefully he will have my cam bearing install tool, core plug installer, cylinder head stands and the harmonic balancer installer i dint buy a fortnight ago that i think i will now

Incursus

totaly disagree, i used mine to remove the rear seat in chris's duster and numerouse other jobs

Yep and I use my two Leatherman's all the time, handy to have around imho.

Kenny

Yea, my swiss army is fantastic, nothing gets a stuck coffee card out of the machine quicker ...
i'm sure its usefull for some other tasks..... i just havent found them yet

Incursus

Quoting: Kenny
Yea, my swiss army is fantastic, nothing gets a stuck coffee card out of the machine quicker

55starchief

Quoting: Kenny

Yea, my swiss army is fantastic, nothing gets a stuck coffee card out of the machine quicker ...
i'm sure its usefull for some other tasks..... i just havent found them yet

mine has the multibit screwdriver which is brilliant, just so hapens that the bits supplied are the same as used on most audio equipment, the scissors are the best nail scissors i have ever owned, use the bottle openenr most nights too

philoldsmobile

the scissors are the best nail scissors i have ever owned, use the bottle openenr most nights too

nah, biting nails for teh win... rittal keys are the best bottle openers known to man too..