Focus rolling road video.. mine and Andy's cars...

Started by EDGE, March 03, 2007, 05:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDGE

Well...

I found the old focus rolling road day video that was taken years ago and chopped out everyone else's cars and just left mine and Andy's in.  I figured I'd inflict it on you lot, the first one in the video was Andy's then the second one was mine...

http://www.edgeevents.co.uk/hostedpics/focusrr.wmv\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">focus rolling road clip 1.4mb

I think power wise Andy's was 150odd and mine was 160odd bhp, the only difference was i had some sill cams that wouldnt idle properly.... all for 10hp huh !!  Andy's went SUPRISINGLY well though, responded very well to the mods, just a good day in the ford factory I guess....

I compressed it down as much as i could, its about 1.4mb for easy downloading

EDGE

philoldsmobile

EDGE

Fieldy

EDGE

nope, i sold it with the car... T23 DGE means nothing really, i wouldnt have an illegally spaced plate now days, apparently it makes you satan to break a tiny law, but ok if you commit murder if you're "unbalanced"...

so if you see me with a gun and a wonky ladder.......

EDGE

no0ne said a thing about the plate, until I got a letter from the Birmingham Cuntsabulary.... They sent it to my home address, and stated what the number plate SHOULD SAY and then the differences that I'd made, ie. moving the 3..

Well.. they could obviously read it couldnt they, they knew what it was ment to be and then they put it in their computer to get my address....

well..... step on me.... facist a-holes.....

Shifty

Never had any problems with my front number plate, and I go through a set of specs every day.
I was categorically told the other day by the MOT station that it is illegal but no one has ever questioned it.

Talking of number plates make sure you keep it clean. Was pulled by the filth just before Christmas a couple of years ago for having a dirty number plate, got fined £60 to.

EDGE

yeah, you always see filthy cars with plates you cant see on the motorway...

what does your front plate look like?

ianjpage

Fieldy

Shifys number plate is more similar to a bumper sticker

Shifty

13" X 3" it's a motor bike plate, held on with trim tape.

Jamieg285

Quoting: Shifty
13" X 3" it's a motor bike plate, held on with trim tape.

Titsy

Quoting: Shifty
Never had any problems with my front number plate

Mary said it was leagle at the Feb meet didn't she...

F Body

Touching wood I haven't been pulled for my 12" x 6" American sized plate illegally spaced  :

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/Camaro%20Z28%20%20180305/cam5.jpg?t=1173099477\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">

Anyway :hijack1:

EDGE

well, mine was only spaced T2 3DGE rather than T23 DGE and it seemed to give them the right ump

F Body

I used to see a Fiesta XR2 driving about all the time with the reg TANGO 5 ?

Saw it around for about 18 months until it had changed to TAN 60S, now that deserved to get pulled

Shifty

According to the MOT station if I was to get pulled and asked to get it checked by them they couldn't fail it as the letters were equally spaced as per the specification on a reflective backing in a ledgeable squared of font.

To pass the SVA test on the other hand there is a size requirement of 14" X 4" unless it's an import, in which case you are able to run a number plate the same size as the one in the country of origin.

Just remembered I have driven through a police check points with this plate on to. I think the police cant be a55ed to fill the paper work out to tell me to get it checked. On the other hand if they see a chaved up corsa or something they will probably be more inclined to waste his time just to inconvenience the to55er.

EDGE

you wanna try driving a bright orange saleen matey... i got pulled over once... and this was what i was told..

"we've pulled you over becuase there is a disqualified driver, running around here in an orange car".... well.... what a great excuse to check my car over... orange is it.. wel... must be him then... tossers...

didn't help that the 2 yoots in the police astra had a combined age of 28 TOPS...

nevermind.. at least i had a chance to turn the engine off before they got to the side window otherwise they may have been, 1) deaf or 2)gassed half to sleep....

EDGE

55starchief

Quoting: EDGE

you wanna try driving a bright orange saleen matey... i got pulled over once... and this was what i was told..

"we've pulled you over becuase there is a disqualified driver, running around here in an orange car".... well.... what a great excuse to check my car over... orange is it.. wel... must be him then... tossers...

didn't help that the 2 yoots in the police astra had a combined age of 28 TOPS...

I bet they thought it was david blaine doing one of his dumbass stunts

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
I bet they thought it was david blaine doing one of his dumbass stunts

Did you have the hat on ?

philoldsmobile

i've always run small plates on bikes, and never had an issue...

smallest one was on my GPz250 when i was 17, it was litteraly the size of a cigarette packet..

the GPz550 has the largest plate i've run for a long time, 6" x 8"

Rocky

Dont run a front one never have, and my rear one is not police friendly.

HardRockCamaro

The IROC begrudgingly runs a front plate (they look SO much better without imho) but it is a pressed steel US style one at least.  As soon as I pull my finger out it will be wearing an 80s California style pressed steel plate which should be on the rear if proper California stylee but even I don't dare push my luck that far...