Main Menu

Audio upgrade

Started by CJ-IROCZ, February 21, 2007, 04:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

55starchief

I used to have a full Mcintosh system Head unit was only a CD transport, 24bit DAC and 4 channel power amp total cost over £5k then the speakers all custom designed by myself along with the crossovers

Rocky

Quoting: 55starchief
Mcintosh system

Sweet.

55starchief

Quoting: Rocky
Quoting: 55starchief
Mcintosh system

Sweet.

yeah it was mate, but i sold the whole lot when i bought my first appartment. It was either listen to the system and sleep on the floor or sell the system and have a comfortable bed

CJ-IROCZ

I just want a fairly straight forwatd set up that offers a nice crisp sound.

If i can get away with the Kenwood head unit then ideal but i would like to have a multi disc changer

Roadkill

Quoting: Fin170703
Anyone upgraded their audio set up from std in a thirdgen ??

I ripped it out and replaced it with the sweet sound of a roaring tail pipe.

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill

I ripped it out and replaced it with the sweet sound of a roaring tail pipe.

Yup thats the same audio system we will have for the trans-am

CJ-IROCZ

My exhaust is plenty loud with valve open but its nice to close it and enjoy the ride with a few tunes. the Hooker areochamber cat back system gives a lovely quiety roar that still allows you to enjoy the drive and music

before the box knackered up i spent about 30 mins driving around and although the cutouts had great novelty value i could never drive round like it constantly

Rocky

I drove my Trans am with no box just the down pipe.

55starchief

This is line is produced by one of my suppliers and the stuff is excellent. All made in Norway with over 50 years of experience in the drive unit business

http://www.seas.no/New%20Lotus%20start.htm\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.seas.no/New%20Lotus%20start.htm

Roadkill

Quoting: Rocky
I drove my Trans am with no box just the down pipe

That's how I drive the 'Maro all the time.

EDGE

I drove my truck about with only the long tube headers on it for a bit..... set off plenty of car alarms

HardRockCamaro

Hey Mike, look what I found!

Roadkill

Hehehe, Looks like a Chav'ed up Focus.

philoldsmobile

no no no. not chav'ed - FAR from it. modifed, not chav'ed

the 'batmobie' name is still utterd with reverance in focus groups..

Roadkill

Yeah, I was only joshing with him.

philoldsmobile

does that mean he has to storm off and cry like a little girl in the corner now?

HardRockCamaro

Hehe, it's all fun.

I loved that car...

Spent a mint on it...  

Found a video of it on the rolling road, forgot just how much noise that exhaust used to make.....
And to think, I drove all the way to Scotland and back in it in one day.  Mike must've been well tired cos he slept the whole way back, depsote the racket!!!

Roadkill

Quoting: philoldsmobile
does that mean he has to storm off and cry like a little girl in the corner now?

Behave, you, or I'll set Graemey on ya'.

EDGE

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Mike must've been well tired cos he slept the whole way back, depsote the racket!!!

dude... i slept the whole way there too !!!!

I dont even remeber you taking the photos of the boot build to be honest... i wonder if ive got any of mine still.....

EDGE

welll... who'd have thought.....

yesss.... i did have the 3 moved over so it said T2 3DGE.. which was as near to EDGE as I could get.. and it was fine, until I got a letter from the Birmingham Constabulary...... facists....

I have the video here too... i might try and chop out the bits with our cars on them and upload it at some point....

We both spent a shed load of money on those things huh....... it seemed perfectly fine at the time..

EDGE

HardRockCamaro

You really should put that stuff in the Mustang (or the Olds actually for proper ghetto boy big bass).

I've got a vid of mine on its own on the rolling road day.
I go the raw DV footage from Winx on CD.  Dunno where the CD is now, probably scratched to death...

EDGE

isn't it just SHOCKING how many things got an EDGE Motorsport sticker....

Roadkill

Quoting: EDGE

Yeah, Chavs love their stickers . . .

philoldsmobile

Quoting: EDGE

i'm moderatley suprised my strut tbrace doesn't have one!

EDGE

give it time phirrip.... give it time....