Main Menu

Typhoon Update

Started by ianjpage, April 24, 2007, 05:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianjpage

Well changed the fuel filter tonight (huge thanks for getting it carl) and fcuk me - what a total difference!

The old filter had some orrible black coloured fuel in it, so bled a bit thorugh, got the right colour, fitted new filter and took it for a spin (litterally!!!!!!!!).

Came off a roundabout, gently (and i mean gently) touched the throttle and on came boost, and sidewise i went.....thankfully no one around !!

Absoultely goes like a rocket now - just keeps pulling and pilling all the way up to 100 when i chickened out (needs suspension sorting!!)

So we slowly geting there - list is down to:

steering
bushing kit
suspension
roll bar

VIPER

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO
Good going....
Somtimes its the simple things..

ianjpage

Quoting: VIPER
Somtimes its the simple things..

aint that the truth, that and its had almost everything else replaced lol (plugs, HT Leads, Dizzy, Rotor etc)

Big Mouse

You seem to spend a lot of time spent trawling through dodgy fuel systems lately, its obviously good practise

ianjpage

Quoting: Big Mouse

You seem to spend a lot of time spent trawling through dodgy fuel systems lately, its obviously good practise

Hmm yeah good point lol - but at least both times the result has been sucess!!!

Roadkill

ianjpage

yeah indeed - trouble is, now the cost of the bits goes up.......filters, leads, plugs not too expensive, Shocks, springs, bush kits etc a bit more ££££ i think........

Roadkill

There's a guy on Ebay .com doing fantastic deals on shocks for loads of cars atm . . .

ianjpage

Quoting: Roadkill

There's a guy on Ebay .com doing fantastic deals on shocks for loads of cars atm . . .

hmm

EDGE

good effort dude, always suspect fuel filters and grounding points and you wont go far wrong...

sixpack2639

ianjpage

oh btw carl sent ya an email

Titsy

Quoting: EDGE
always suspect fuel filters and grounding points and you wont go far wrong...

Wise words...

Titsy

Quoting: Roadkill
There's a guy on Ebay .com doing fantastic deals on shocks for loads of cars atm .

Who's the seller?

F Body

Quoting: Titsy
Quoting: EDGE
always suspect fuel filters and grounding points and you wont go far wrong...

Wise words...

I always start with the electrics like Ian did and then move onto the fuel system, years ago Haynes did some sort of fault survey and found out 90% of faults were electrical based.
My limited experience has generally proved that to be correct

Roadkill

Quoting: Titsy
Who's the seller?

jdmwerks I believe . . .

Titsy

Roadkill

Titsy