FAO Losty

Started by FUBAR, March 09, 2007, 10:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allanv

the board you linked will be fine i just dont like ebay

FUBAR

ok cool,

I've gone for the Mobo & processor I linked.

Now to get an RMA number for my current Mobo and try to get a refund, if not the replacement one will be going on flebay...  as will the processor.

Does the HDD have to be completely wiped? if so I'd better start backing stuff up again!

will then have to sort out building it back up!
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Allanv

Quoting: FUBAR
Does the HDD have to be completely wiped? if so I'd better start backing stuff up again!

its safer and smoother that way, if the IO chip is different windaz with BSOD on boot.

So fresh install is better

FUBAR

okies, i'll start making DVDs of music etc

Allanv

Quoting: FUBAR
Now to get an RMA number for my current Mobo and try to get a refund, if not the replacement one will be going on flebay... as will the processor.

eh if you dont get a RMA your gunna sellthe stuff you are just going to buy and live with a busted one?

or did i read that wrong?

FUBAR

no, the new stuff I will be using regardless.

they will give me an RMA for the Socket A motherboard, if I can just get a refund out of them then bonus, but they're more likely to send me a replacement which will then go on flebay.  as will my current Socket A processor.

Allanv

FUBAR

Right,

Ian rebuilt my PC this weekend with a New Socket-939 Motherboard and a Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor in it, so not only is it now all working properly, and has passed the games test it is now quicker too

Now I just need to get the old Mobo sent back from whence it came under warrantee then stick the replacement on ebay with my old processor.

ianjpage

glad to hear all working well

Allanv

Glad to hear it

:still cant find the beer icon:

FUBAR

FUBAR

Thanks again for all your help in the diagnosis process Allan, it was invaluable

Allanv

Allanv

Stoopid thing refuses to edit ah well No Probs Fubar

anytime

Pod

So, what was the actual problem then?

ianjpage

Quoting: Pod

Motherboard fecked

FUBAR

Quoting: Pod

The dual channel RAM slot was fecked causing crashes, with the 2GB of RAM in single chanel mode it was fine, but slower.