WANTED - 1.8/2.0L Diesel Hatch / Estate in Good Cond.

Started by Roadkill, June 20, 2007, 05:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunning Plan

Quoting: Roadkill
Plus the car's in Luton

urm.. if the number is 6666 something i wouldnt bother they are all from the auctions.
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

philoldsmobile

dont worry about the milage, mercedes diesels are good for 500,000 miles or more..

-edit- the 500,000 mile comment was posted BEFORE i read  the ad!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MERCEDES-250-TD-DIESEL-ESTATE-FULL-MOT-3-MONTHS-TAX_W0QQitemZ140133617993QQihZ004QQcategoryZ9855QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MERCEDES-250-TD-DIESEL-ESTATE-FULL-MOT-3-MONTHS-TAX_W0QQitemZ140133617993QQihZ004QQcategoryZ9855QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

one thing to note with Mercedes-Benz, dont trust yer butt when you sit in one, the seats are actualy fantasticly comfortable, they feel a bit odd at first, but are orthapedicly designed, so back / butt ache never happens, ever.

Roadkill

Not bad . . . although I suspect it'll go for more then £1000 which I just don't have to spend . . .

philoldsmobile

worth keeping an eye on though..

slow, but cavernous, economical, and will outlast every vauxhall ever made.. if it stays within budget, its going to be about the best car you could buy for the money..

Roadkill

TBH, I'll be lucky to have £850 for spending at the mo' . . . .

Roadkill

Now that is tempting . . hadn't thought of going from that approach . . .

philoldsmobile

hmm... that has very little damage too....

ask ian about cherokees - they drink more than astros... go well though

Motorama

My F150 which has the 5.4 Triton V8 is doing the equivalent of 33 mpg. I would think this would do as well or better.
There plenty of these Jeeps with LPG for sale around that money. They are all fully loaded and the engines go on forever with minimal routine maintenance. This one is a facelift model too with the later bumpers and interior. I'm tempted as a runabout myself.

philoldsmobile

oh yeah, LPG is a must on cherokees, they are silly otherwise...

cross my old mans palm with £8000 and the tahoe could be yours, i honestly dont think there are many better or higher spec ones about

Cunning Plan

Quoting: philoldsmobile
dont worry about the milage, mercedes diesels are good for 500,000 miles or more..

-edit- the 500,000 mile comment was posted BEFORE i read the ad!

I wouldnt be spending that kind of money on a car with that kind of millage...

I can see what philo is saying and coming from the dub scene i know how good some german dervs are and it is probablly a good car BUT for that money you could get something newer with less miles..  The engine may last but what about running gear??? ahh bearings

My Ford Mondeo is a '97 estate with 85k on and full service history.. i paid £950............................................

Cunning Plan

Conceded the fact that THAT particular car has a certain 'classic / special' quality to it..

art b

some one thought the jeep was a steal........ sold for the bin
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Roadkill

Quoting: art b
some one thought the jeep was a steal........ sold for the bin

Motorama ?

Motorama

No, not me.

I thought i was a good deal though. Second hand bumper for £50 and you would of had a tidy car you could run for a year and get your money back.

Roadkill

Quoting: Motorama
No, not me.

I know . . . . I had a look for others but that was certainly the best deal going.

Suitable vectras seem few and far between . . . .

Looks like I better get used to a Mundane-O.

Cunning Plan

Quoting: Roadkill
to a Mundane-O.

Dude they are cool!!!  better than a vauxhall ughhhh

Get the estate, put a decent roof rack on it, some Gull board n bar protectors,  a few stickers in the rear window and its a keeper

Roadkill

Quoting: Cunning Plan
Get the estate

That part, at least, is likely . .

Incursus

Quoting: Cunning Plan
Dude they are cool!!! better than a vauxhall

Wouldn't say cool, but yes better than the vauxhall...except for looks

philoldsmobile