I've turned into a Geek !

Started by F Body, August 21, 2007, 12:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

I'm watching the Space Shuttle landing live on the Nasa webcam

Just click watch Nasa TV :

http://www.nasa.gov/news/highlights/index.html\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.nasa.gov/news/highlights/index.html

14 minutes to landing.

Pod

Now that is cool.

Also amazing timing - I load the page just in time to see the last 10-15 seconds in the air and the landing.

Kenny

Quoting: F Body
I'm watching the Space Shuttle landing live on the Nasa webcam

I did too.... but my excuse is that i was at work, getting paid to watch it ....

plus i'm a geek

I'm still amazed at how fast that thing enters atmo.

Roadkill

<sigh>

If I hadn't have got my own place at 18 (on my gap year) I'd have gone on to study Astrophysics at University . . . .

Wonder where I'd have been now if I had've done ?

Incursus

Quoting: Roadkill
Wonder where I'd have been now if I had've done ?

Probably kicked out of uni after a few months and doing roughly what you are now

Roadkill

Yup, probably.

Our fate is pre-written they say . . .

F Body

Quoting: Kenny
I'm still amazed at how fast that thing enters atmo.

25,000 mph

It was still doing 5,000 mph when it went over Cuba with 7 minutes to touch down

The real scary thing is they don't get a second chance at landing, once it's on the way down there is no way back

Titsy

The real scary thing is they don't get a second chance at landing, once it's on the way down there is no way back

It's effectively a brick shaped glider once it drops out of orbit. You look at a convetional glider and it's sleak, slim, lightweight, and with a large wingspan. The shuttle is none of these...

Incursus

Quoting: Titsy

It's effectively a brick shaped glider once it drops out of orbit. You look at a convetional glider and it's sleak, slim, lightweight, and with a large wingspan. The shuttle is none of these...

Gotta hand to them, its a pretty awsome feat of science, engineering and gigantic kahooners

Titsy

Indeed, but they get negetive points for faking the moon landings... So it all evens out...

Incursus

Indeed, but they get negetive points for faking the moon landings... So it all evens out...

No way!!!  Really?!?

That was Fake??

F Body

but they get negetive points for faking the moon landings...

Capricorn One Over