Main Menu

New Jag XF.

Started by F Body, August 27, 2007, 01:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Well it looks like finished production car pictures of the new XF have hit the web prior to next weeks Frankfurt Motor Show
This is the car that will make or break Jaguar

First impressions count ?

http://news.windingroad.com/photo-gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7843&g2_serialNumber=2\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">

http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/2008-jaguar-xf-lead.jpg\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">

It may be made from Aloominham and have a belting V6 diesel but it don't press my petrol head button

philoldsmobile

i reckon middle managment will lap that up in droves..

Pod

Side view looks ok, but nothing spectacular. Without knowing the brand in advance, Jaguar would be one of the last things I'd guess it was.

The front view, however, is god damn ugly for any car!

Roadkill

Quoting: Pod
The front view, however, is god damn ugly for any car!

Ditto.  Insert vomitting sound . . .

F Body

UK prices have been announced this morning :

Starting at £34k up to £54k for Supercharged 4.2-liter V8 ,

Kenny

Hmmm.... doesn't really look like a Jag.  more the lovechild of a hyundai coupe and a passat.

Incursus

I like it especally the side view. Its about time Jag tryed something new.
Even the front has grown on me.

Saw pictures of it about a year ago when we were quoteing for the business.

Funky interior, dunno how much of that they kept though (can't see the pictures F-Body posted, websense)

F Body

Quoting: Incursus
Funky interior, dunno how much of that they kept though (can't see the pictures F-Body posted, websense)

See if this link works from another Forum Showing the bullshit designer interior

Rob

ianjpage

Big Mouse

the current crop of car designers - shite or what?. That is pig ugly from the front and almost a 6 series beemer from the side - go back, concentrate and start again

F Body

Quoting: Rob
Wot link?

Dam that automated link breaking software, only picked that forum thinking that Chris might be able to view it

Incursus

Hmm they changed that a lot from the concept I saw.

Incursus

Pod

That one would be much better.
Shame they changed the bonnet, lights, wheel arches, wing mirrors, the 'ledge' that runs along the top of the door line. In fact all the bits that made it look better, they got rid of.

F Body

In fact all the bits that made it look better, they got rid of.

As usual promised a Steak dinner and got a Hamburger

Another common ocurrence is even if the car looks roughly the same the wheels are always a couple of inches smaller.
So you get this great looking car with 19 inch + wheels filling the arches followed by the production version with 16 inch wheels which look like they have a puncture

Yes I know big wheels ruin the comfort/handling etc by why show the car with big wheeels that you can't buy

NB : Vauxhall realised this problem with the current Vectra and offered 19" wheels as an option - It's the most common option now ordered on the Vectra

Incursus

In fact all the bits that made it look better, they got rid of.

Agreed.

All goes great until the accountants get involved