Triple Damn

Started by Jamieg285, January 22, 2006, 03:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

Maybe speak to Finlay, he deals in Edelbrock bits and offers discounts . . . Also offers fast delivery . . .

Jamieg285

Quoting: 55starchief
Well if it was me i would go with a speed demon, prices are around the $300, best to email andy if your interested as he gets better prices

Where are you shopping? Jegs if $400

Jamieg285

Quoting: Roadkill
Maybe speak to Finlay, he deals in Edelbrock bits and offers discounts . . . Also offers fast delivery . . .

Did think of that, but he appears to be doing a simple $-£ conversion. I reckon I could save a bit if I put one on the crate.

Roadkill

I've got a Edelbrock on the "Paper weight", but think it's got some bits missing . . . .

philoldsmobile

my holley was £220 brand new about 6 years ago..

it was shite from the moment it came out of the box, flat spots and the second you tried to adjust the needle and seat (that kept sticking wide open incidently)  it would leak from the adjuster..

the spreadbore q - jet is a better carb, as the smaller primaries offer better drivability, and the largewr secondairies offer just as much top end. actualy flows a little more than the 600 holley, at 645 CFM

considering the q-jet is a stock carb, its a prety poor show for the holley. non computer control q jets (pre 82) can be had reconditioned for about £200 ish, and is a much better buy than the holley, dunno how you'd stand with your engine tho, because they only came on 305 and 350, so might not be ideal for your 400..

some guy in one of the thirdgen tuning books went 13. something 1/4 mile in a sport coupe camaro (same as mine) with nothing more than bolt ons, while remaining totaly emissions compliant, so the q-jet is a perfectly capable carb.

barry grant is ideal if you can afford one, but a good junkyard q-jet for the meantime untill you can afford injection might be a good compromise.