What do Americans wish they could drive ?

Started by F Body, October 23, 2007, 04:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Quote from todays AutoBlog in America :

For some strange reason, the U.S. is sort of like the village of the damned when it comes to cool overseas products, because we never seem to get anything that our friends overseas get. Take the Civic Type-R, for instance.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/10/uk_civicr_toau_hi51_450.jpg\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">

Roadkill

philoldsmobile

yah, a lot of the jap cars sold in the US are totaly different to the versions sold in the rest of the world, you should see their corrola!

(its not nice BTW, but neither is ours)

sixpack2639

All the REAL Americans I know would rather drive this......

than that ricer, ANYDAY!!!!!!!!!

HardRockCamaro

I suppose it's wanting what you haven't got and wanting to be different.

I for example like the Chrysler 300 (no not 300C, the 300) which is car hire fodder in the USA but over here everyone would look at it as it's so unusual.

So I understand that part and I even understand the fuel consumption thing as stuff is further apart there than it is here even though on balance they're still up due to the vast difference in fuel price...

What I do not understand is how Americans are all of a sudden buying much smaller, unpleasent cars when they have to drive so far in them.  I don't like being in Fiesta/Focus sized cars over here now that I'm used to the Caddy.  Heck I drove to Wales which is a 300 mile trip in a brand new 1.4L Vauxhall Astra (hire car) and my god was it an unpleasant, tiring trip.  The following day I felt properly drained.  I can drive there and back in a day in the Caddy and srtill feel fresh and alert.

55starchief

Quoting: HardRockCamaro

What I do not understand is how Americans are all of a sudden buying much smaller, unpleasent cars when they have to drive so far in them.

i dont think that they travel as much as they used to although there was that civic listed on here a couple of weeks back with almost a million miles on the clock

F Body

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
What I do not understand is how Americans are all of a sudden buying much smaller, unpleasent cars when they have to drive so far in them.

Simple Gas Price !

God help them if they hit the $8 a gallon like us

HardRockCamaro

Yes but petrol is expensive over here but I still refuse to drive something the size of a golf cart with a straining engine on the motorway...
And believe me I ain't rich...