art b

so are ya gonna get ya rear end lifted,
and sort ya droopy indicators  
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

F Body

Quoting: art b
so are ya gonna get ya rear end lifted,
and sort ya droopy indicators

No the number plate position reminds me of the original CB400F, it's all part of the 80's charm

Although with the single sided swinging arm and under belly exhaust system, it was in part years ahead of it's time

philoldsmobile

yeah, looking at your bike, it seems inconceivable that they are separated by only 2 model years, in fact, just one production year..

shows how fast bike development was moving too, because in 84 when the GPz550 A1 was introduced (the first one with a half fairing as opposed to a bikini faring) it was a quantum leap for sports bikes, offering the performance of 750's from just a few years before.  previous model sports bikes (like the previous GPz550) were just the basic models with a headlamp fairing tacked on...

and for those who dont know.... fairings types are..

bikini. (headlight and fairing move with forks)

half fairing (fairing and headlight fixed to frame, does not move with steering)

half fairing with belly pan

full fairing

art b

hmmm bikes dont ya just lurve em,
im off out on mine soon

philoldsmobile

that green GPz900 is gorgeous!

Roadkill

We need a bike section . . . .

philoldsmobile

indeed!

tis good though, having varied discussion areas shows we aren't narrow minded people, and have other interests, makes us appear more 'human'

its amazing how many petrol heads have bikes as well as cars, too! its a popular sideline for a car nut!

Roadkill

I agree . . .  Although Jap bikes ain't my bag . . . . . . . . . I'm after an Indian long term.

philoldsmobile

i'm still prepared to stick my neck out and say i WILL buy a harley at some point, not yet though, i'm not old enough! and it wont be a full dress, but one of the sportster type models..

you'd be surprised how cheap they are, the new fuel injected sportster 883 is just over 5 grand new OTR

i will almost certainly have a jap bike (prob still the GPz) as well, but the H-D is def on the 'must own' list.

this works..the XR1200

.bit more pricey than the basic sportster at £7900, but in a couple of years should be easy to pick up on the used market for about £5k

philoldsmobile

this is another one i like, the moto guzzi (italian)  breva 750 - 5 grand brand new..

art b

this was my last bike, the one b4 the dr350 i still have,
looked and sounded like a harley, but came outta the box ready to go,with out adding expensive parts to bring it up to speed,

http://kadusa.com/mc/eng/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://kadusa.com/mc/eng/

philoldsmobile

ahh yes, remember that one!

silly low milage wasn't it?

Titsy

Quoting: philoldsmobile
this is another one i like, the moto guzzi (italian) breva 750 - 5 grand brand new..

You're I brave man... I've heard they are a bit of a handful with the engine mounted transversely... Every time you twist the noisy handle a bit sharpish it tries to turn you over...

philoldsmobile

yup, good ol torque reaction...

the boss hoss with the 502ci chevy is apparently capable of lifting itself off the sidestand when you rev it!

same sort of thing happens with shaft drive, under hard acceleration the rear of the bike rises.. BMW have managed however to tune the suspention pivot points so its exactly balance out by the rearward weight shift, resulting in a bike that stays level under acceleration..

mine (chain drive) squats like a good en when yer hard on it..

F Body

this is another one i like, the moto guzzi (italian) breva 750 - 5 grand brand new..

Being an ex Guzzi Le Mans Mk1 owner I also love the new Guzzi's

The Griso 1100 is currently £5,999, I like yellow but it looks even better in black

art b

silly low milage wasn't it?

it only had 2000km on when i sold it lost 100 bucks on it after 4 years,
i only did around 1100km so off it went, i can rarely use a bike for work so its fun riding only.........