Insurance claims refused.

Started by F Body, November 01, 2007, 02:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Any modification to your bike could result in a theft claim being rejected and your insurance policy voided !

Leading motorcycle insurance underwriter Norwich Union would not rule out rejecting claims over modifications
as minor as a non-standard spark plug or tyres

Talk about having your cake and eating it, OK if you blue print the engine and add a Turbo etc, but they are taking the Wee

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2007/October/october23-30/oct3107insuranceclaimsrefusedbecauseofmodifications/?&R=EPI-96706\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2007/October/october23-30/oct3107insuranceclaimsrefusedbecauseofmodifications/?&R=EPI-96706

philoldsmobile

see, its kinda goes the other way now... less people decalir mods because the chances of a payout are so small, might as well mod to your hearts content

insurance is legalised theft, and to most people its simply a way of obtaining a tax disc...

i'm sure in insurance co would get in a snit because i have an aftermarket 4 - 1 exhaust, and a belly pan, despite the 4 - 1 being BS stamped and road legal..

F Body

Quoting: philoldsmobile
i'm sure in insurance co would get in a snit because i have an aftermarket 4 - 1 exhaust, and a belly pan,

Criminal

So I wonder if the Beatch insurance is now invalid because I put better tyres with more grip on it

NB : It's not insured for theft anyway, it doubled the price and they insisted that it had a Cat 3 alarm/imboliser fitted at £350

philoldsmobile

ahhh, the ol dutchess costs me £95 TPFT with riding other bikes!!

unlimited milage too... £350 seems extrotionate - i was quoted less for a GSX-R1100

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... 80's superbiketastic!

F Body

Quoting: philoldsmobile
£350 seems extrotionate

No that was the price of the alarm

Current policy is 3rd party only with riding any other bike that doesn't belong to me @ £118 with zero no claims.
With theft and the alarm fitted it was £240

philoldsmobile

wow, a GPZ900 will only cost me £150

F Body

Quoting: F Body
wow,

Indeed £350 alarm + £240 = £590 for a bike which cost £595

philoldsmobile

dont make sense, does it?

bike alarms are a PITA, i'd never fit one