Just a few Honeymoon Pics...

Started by EDGE, November 20, 2007, 05:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo

HardRockCamaro

Quoting: 55starchief
im gonna bite the bullet and get me a fisheye lense for next years roadtrip, all those acrs and open landscapes should make for some cool pictures

Nice!
As Mike says, very difficult to use properly though (as are any really wide angle lenses).  You need something large in the foreground to grab the eye otherwise it looks boring if you've just used it to "fit everything in".

Fieldy

Great pics there mike, Glad it all went well for you

EDGE

Roadkill

Quoting: EDGE
I think it's dropped to £300 now.

EDGE

however i have well and truley got the bug... off to buy a flash this week....... almost the same cost as the camera!!!

Motorama

a91_formula

oh boy these picutres look familiar - got quite a lot of these on my camera from our hols 8 weeks ago :)

The Denny's in Baker is absolutely fantastic - we also stopped here this year, and remembered stopping at the same place 2 years ago ;) strange also that on looking back at picutres from two years agao - we even parked in the same spot

Glad you got to the Hoover Dam - again been there twice now - seems as though come next year, it's going to be difficult to get down there as they're building that mega bridge right over the top of it to divert traffic away from the dam.  Don't know if it's to totally stop people going down there or whether you'd be able to divert off, we heard that it could be to do with it being a popssible hotspot for terrorists, hence the diversion.  Did you get stopped at the checkpoints before getting there?

We upgraded to the Mustang when we got out there, you're right the fuel consuption wasn't bad at all.  Did you see the car showroom in Caesars Palace too - some very nice motors.  First year we went to Vegas it was free to look around - this year we had to pay $5 each to get in - we were told that it had changed hands and the new owner was making some money outta the place

Glad you had a great time - we're possibly going back to California/Nevada/Arizona next year as my in-laws wanna see some of the sights we have seen
1998 Fiero GT (my toy)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 (Hubbys new toy!)

http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk

EDGE

Yeah, that Denny's was great, I'd definitely go there again, the service was great and they were genuinely pleased to have a customer.

There was a lot of security at the Hoover Dam yes, they x-rayed everything going in like they do in the airport.  We got stopped by the security points on both sides too.  It's quite an obvious target really, if the dam was to break it would flood most of Southern CA, there's 6 1/2 years or water in that lake !!!

The New Road is actually just a bypass so that you don't have to drive over the dam, I guess you'll still be able to if you want to, but it'll divert all heavy traffic off of it.

There's a Ferrari dealers in the Belaggio, that's a $10 entrance fee unless you can show your Ferrari or Meseratti keys, in which case it's free...

I just booked the mustang direct with Hertz, rather tan trying to upgrade to it once we landed, I just didn't want all the agro, especially after an 11 hour flight!!  The guy there was nice though, he offered me a Toymota as we had 2 large bags, I told him to give me the mustang keys and i'd figure it out.... He was right though.  Gemma's case barely fit in the trunk and mine went on the back seat!!

55starchief

When i was doing vegas every January with work that car show room was a Virgin Megastore, I can remember buying CD's there the year it closed down. Havnt been to vegas for the last 2 years kind of have a love hate relationship with the place. 3 dyas is fine being there for 1o sucks monkey balls

EDGE

we were there for just 5 days, we could have REALLY done with an extra 3 or 4.... but we were tourists, i guess working there is different..

a91_formula

I do have to admit, we've had enough of Vegas.  We had a bad dealing in the hotel this year.  Considering we had it booked 9 months prior to going - when we got there - there was no booking - even though we had voucher to prove we did.

The staff got quite rude and it was stress we just didn't need and it admittedly spoilt it.

We probably won't ever go back to Vegas - in any case there are stacks and stacks more places we want to see

Over the years we have visited 14 states - only another 36 to go before we die
1998 Fiero GT (my toy)

55starchief

Quoting: a91_formula
9 months prior to going

When i was doing vegas we would book the hotel the day we left to make sure  we got a room. When the CES hits vegas all the hotels are fully booked. Average attendance for the 4 days of the show is 250,000 people

EDGE

wow, we had it easy then, I booked the luxor in June. when we arrived I didnt really like the room, nothing majorly wrong with it, I just didn't feel it was up to what they were charging.  It just looked like a premier lodge.  I went down ad found the check in manager, he offered to move us tere and then or as it was late in the evening, refund half the cost of the room for the most expensive night of our stay and move us in the morning.  The next morning we were upgraded to a 19th floor tower suite... it was FU**ING AWESOME!!!!

I'll definitely go back to vegas, there was so much there to do and we only managed about half of what we wanted to see...

I think next time we'll to San Francisco and Vegas, I think we pretty much saw the bits of LA we wanted to.

a91_formula

Quoting: 55starchief
9 months prior to going

When i was doing vegas we would book the hotel the day we left to make sure we got a room. When the CES hits vegas all the hotels are fully booked. Average attendance for the 4 days of the show is 250,000 people

Yeouch, thats a lotta people.  We booked all our hotels this year (we don't normally) but as we were driving from Chicago to LA and only had two weeks to do it in - we thought it was best to.  I would definitely change some of the stops as could've done with more time in some places and less time in others.  

wow, we had it easy then, I booked the luxor in June. when we arrived I didnt really like the room, nothing majorly wrong with it, I just didn't feel it was up to what they were charging. It just looked like a premier lodge. I went down ad found the check in manager, he offered to move us tere and then or as it was late in the evening, refund half the cost of the room for the most expensive night of our stay and move us in the morning. The next morning we were upgraded to a 19th floor tower suite... it was FU**ING AWESOME!!!!

i think that might be the difference between the south end of the strip and the mid to north end of the strip  The trouble we found with Vegas is that once you've seen one hotel - you've seen them all.  They're all smoky and loud, you can't even sit in a bar and have a few bevvies after walking the 12mile round trip of the strip without having a gambling machine in front of you........ I know it's Vegas - but you can only gamble so much.

The company we book through is http://www.completenorthamerical.com\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">www.completenorthamerica.com, if you don't wanna do anything yourself and trust them to find good hotels, car hire, flights etc etc etc - they're the ones I would recommend.

I lurve Frisco - I would definitely go back, in fact next year I think we might be
1998 Fiero GT (my toy)

EDGE

i actually came out of vegas UP a few $$, literally a few, $8 i think it was, although i did only gamble the heady sum of $5 so a $13 return wasnt bad.... I only did it to say I'd done it, if that makes sense...

If ANYONE is planning on going to Vegas, you HAVE to eat at the Luxor Steak house... it serves some of the finest steak I have ever tasted.  Their Kobe range goes up to about $160 for a 6oz fillet min. but it's REALLY worth it....

Roadkill

If ANYONE is planning on going to Vegas, you HAVE to eat at the Luxor Steak house... it serves some of the finest steak I have ever tasted.

Noted.

Incursus

Quoting: Roadkill
If ANYONE is planning on going to Vegas, you HAVE to eat at the Luxor Steak house... it serves some of the finest steak I have ever tasted.

Noted.

Hmm some guys at work were saying that the other day. Small world really.

55starchief

Nah sorry guys but AJ's in the hardrock does the best steak in vegas, they also have a pianist who takes requests

a91_formula

There's also a 50's diner in the Stratosphere - it's an all singing, all dancing restuarant - their steaks are fab too
1998 Fiero GT (my toy)

55starchief

Yeouch, thats a lotta people. We booked all our hotels this year (we don't normally) but as we were driving from Chicago to LA and only had two weeks to do it in - we thought it was best to. I would definitely change some of the stops as could've done with more time in some places and less time in others.

Yup also when i 1st started going to vegas you could get a hotel room for $79 a night last time i went the same hotel had jumped to $360 a night, basicaly doubling each year for the same room. Talk about gouge

EDGE

yeah, prices almost treble for the SEMA week to :(