Main Menu

Got Ink ?

Started by Roadkill, November 28, 2007, 12:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

Sammy has.

Here's some pictures of the days events . . .

Unfortunately when it came to me having my three done the pictures Sammy took of me were so appaulingly blurred I haven't bothered upload them !

F Body

She don't look very happy

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
She don't look very happy

She found it just a little bit painful.

EDIT - Note her hand vice-griped around mine . . . It took 10 minutes for the redness to go down on me !

Incursus

philoldsmobile

looks like it all went ok for you....

Sammy Lou

i have to admit i was in a lot of pain when it was being done

philoldsmobile

you dont look like you're enjoying it...

FUBAR

Yeah Pic 2 not flattering at all... looks good tho
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

ianjpage

looks painfull but looks nice so worth it!

Jo

That looks sooo cool, well done you for getting thru the pain

art b

looks good...
but painful
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Big Mouse

Ouch! tat on the foot - gotta be some pain there with all those little bones just under the skin.

I've got the sky+ set for Kat Von D's return to the screen - makes tats look all the more attractive

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
Unfortunately when it came to me having my three done the pictures Sammy took of me were so appaulingly blurred I haven't bothered upload them !

Come on RK lets see some pictures of your new Tats

Roadkill

Come on RK lets see some pictures of your new Tats

Will do.  Spent 25 minutes taking off the dressing (cling film and micro-pore) this morning and cleaning and applying bepanthan.

Made me a little late for work.

They feel fine, now, a little tight but there's minimal scabbing at the mo . . .

I'll take some pics (myself ) tonight.

nick69

Looking good. I keep meaning to get another one done but aint got the cash for what I want.

Roadkill

The first Tattooist I used charged £60 / hour for custom work . . later rising to £70 / hour.

I changed for these last three and paid £80 / hour but was sceptical about how much they'd get done in the time.

They did it, though.  More money per hour but they got a lot more done in the time.

HardRockCamaro

Nicely done.

Not keen on tats myself but as long as she's happy!

Sammy Lou

it is still a little sore but it looks fantastic i am well pleased with it

F Body

Quoting: Sammy Lou
it is still a little sore but it looks fantastic

Does having a colour tattoo make it more painful than just black

Sammy Lou

tbh the outline in black hurt a lot more than when he put the colour in but that might be cause it had gone numb by then

Roadkill

Does having a colour tattoo make it more painful than just black

I think it depends more on the method of inking.  The black outline tends to be heavier hence tends to be much more concentrated hence hurts more.
The colour or shading tends to be done in finer strokes, covering larger areas over shorter periods of time to achieve the desired effect, hence reduces long-term irritation in one confined area.

Fieldy

I was under the impression the outline hurts more as it is simply one 'big' needle. But the colouring in/fading is done using A tip with sometimes 8 smaller needles, working seperatly.........

Roadkill

AFAIK, the actual needle points are all the same size.  Just the number / arrangement changes . . . They're assembled to suit.

EDIT - another thing that does change is the occilation frequency, too.  When colouring in they seem to turn the  frequency down . .

Fieldy

Quoting: Roadkill
EDIT - another thing that does change is the occilation frequency, too. When colouring in they seem to turn the frequency down . .

That must be it. I know all the shading/colouring I have had done didn't hurt too much, like you, I thought it was theraputic.....Except whilst on the bone on the front of the leg (shin?!)