Previous topic - Next topic

55starchief

Quoting: Cunning Plan
What car?

Both my SAAB's and now the Ultima

Incursus

Quoting: Titsy
Welllllll, although it works as a quick thing, really you want to be warming up the inside of the screen not making it colder becuase as you heat the cabin when the AC is off you have the same problem...
Not so... You want to have the A/C on and the heat up... the A/C drys the air, so while the car is cold it clears the screen, but as soon as it's warmed up the heat is warming up the screen, so when the car is warm you can just switch off the A/C

indeed, Infact the Mustang automatically switches on the A/C when you turn the dial to screen defrost.

Deadmeat

Quoting: 55starchief
I just set mine to 23* and forget about it

ditto tbh, well 22, though usually have the AC off cos I'm cheap.
So might have to turn that on to demist...though this car does not seem to mist up very much.  thinking about it, can't remember the last time I had to use it....appart from when I turned it all on, started getting annoyed that it wasn't working and then reallised it was on the outside............

could be global warming though...rather than the car

However even before kids I don't think I ever lined up the backs of my seats...nutters...

Roadkill

RK apears to be shooting a small child playing with a toy car..

Yup, you got it.

Quoting: 55starchief
By far the best defrost ever was deano's 3rd gen after we used the AC cooling core as the heater core, less than 2 secs and the car was 110* and the screen clear  we were actualy glad to get to the meet and stand out in the cold to cool off

Hehehe, it was tropical in there. :hula-girl:

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Kenny
No offence to all you but your all NUTS!

ummmm.... no one was in any doubt of that!

nick69

Quoting: F Body
Or just open the window

No No NO. Then you are cold and you are reversing the whole demisting process as whats needed to successfully clear the screen is to warm the car up!

Actually thats not true. In older cars if you turn the heater on and open a window just an inch it helps to pull the hot/warm air out of the heater faster. Then when the heater is pushing at max you can close the window. My wifes 50s Austin has a diabolical heater with 1 speed. Its bad on a good day. Do as I stated above and you can clear the screen as fast as a modern car. You will still be cold for the first few minutes but thats all.

Cunning Plan

Quoting: nick69
Actually thats not true. In older cars if you turn the heater on and open a window just an inch it helps to pull the hot/warm air out of the heater faster. Then when the heater is pushing at max you can close the window. My wifes 50s Austin has a diabolical heater with 1 speed. Its bad on a good day. Do as I stated above and you can clear the screen as fast as a modern car. You will still be cold for the first few minutes but thats all.

Also a good point.....................................

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)