My PC Causing problems again

Started by FUBAR, December 06, 2007, 03:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUBAR

This problem has heppened before but not for a Long time but its started doing this again when playing 3D Games...

and switching irregularly between that sort of distortion and this...

Anyone got any ideas?  I think the GFX card might be fecked (AGAIN!! its the 2nd one i've had as my original had to be replaced)
I've also been told it might be GFX drivers?
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

FUBAR

New Drivers avaliable dated Nov 21st 2007... d/loading now

FUBAR

Touches Wood...  seems to have worked...

55starchief

Quoting: FUBAR
touches Wood...

you said wood

FUBAR

Quoting: 55starchief
touches Wood...

you said wood

So did you

Incursus

touches Wood...

you said wood

huh huh huuh huhuhuhhuuh  

philoldsmobile

you said wood

not only that, he said he touches it!

ianjpage

would agree mate - gfx drivers, if not then (annoyingly) could be the card again.

FUBAR

its done it again (once) since installing the new drivers

Incursus

you keeping an eye on your GFX cards temperature?

EDGE

im sure things never used to be that complicated.....

art b

new card ftw....cant see the drivers being the fault, more chance a faulty intermittant component.....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Incursus

Quoting: art b
new card ftw....cant see the drivers being the fault, more chance a faulty intermittant component.....

check your monitor cable as well.

HardRockCamaro

Graphics card processor overheating or more likely graphics card ram failing (possibly due to overheating).

F Body

Anyone got any ideas? I

Get a life

Let's face it if Computers were clever they would fix themselves

Pod

Never seen one fail looking like that.
It's weird how the first pic is only broken inside the window, while the second pic is the whole desktop.

Window only would pretty much rule out the monitor itself. (and probably the cable as well, but no harm in checking, if possible).
That pretty much leaves the graphics card.
CPU, ram and motherboard are very unlikely but still possible.

The drivers should have options for checking the temperature of the card.

Carl 88GTA

Several things to try, updating drivers is a good idea- be sure to fully uninstall the old drivers before updating.  You maight find some newer drivers http://downloads.guru3d.com/\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">here, (good site for utility programs too).

If it doesn't do that graphics thing immediately upon starting the game, it might be worth taking the side of your case off to test if the card is just overheating with prolonged use- if you can aim a desk fan at the card that's even better (just for testing of course)  If you can download a hardware monitoring program you could check your system/CPU/GFX temps.  I use nvidia's ntune, handy because it allows you to log temps, voltages, etc. when running aplications.

Might be worth double-checking your PSU has enough grunt for your PC, especially if you've upgraded it since you got it.  What card is it/PSU make/size?

Does it do it when not playing games?  Also, does it do it when playing older games (2005-6), it might be a pixel shader issue or something that'll only show up on newer stuff.  May well be solved by drivers if that's the case, though.

Make sure your DX9.0c is fully up-to-date too, think there was an update only a couple of months ago for that.

More specifically, if it didn't do it on the old EVE client and you updated the old one without doing a fresh install, it might be worth doing a full re-install incase it's just another new client bug.  Be sure to make a backup of your settings, etc. though- you don't want to lose any GUI settings!

Oh, and I hope you managed to avoid the boot.ini destruction-fest too

Hope you find a solution