Ruddy Insurance Companies.

Started by F Body, December 12, 2007, 12:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Got the renewal quote for the Camaro yesterday £719.25p
So rang them up this morning to ask about an agreed value policy ?
Spoke to customer accounts at Adrian Fux :

So I said I want to know the answer to two questions :

1 / What is the current insurance value.

2 / How much would an agreed value policy cost.

Her answer was well the current policy value is £20k, but the car needs to be 15 years old until we could do an agreed value.

So I ask will you pay out £20k if it's written off ?

Oh no what ever the market value is, so I ask what is the market value ??

Couldn't tell you but our loss adjuster would tell you if you claim

So I explain that I probably no 4th gen values better than the adjuster !

A very good Z28 £8k
An excellent Z28 £10k
Mine up to £12k ( i.e one of the best most original in the country )

So she say's " All I can do is put the insurance value at £12k and the renewal will be £63 cheaper "

However if it get's totaled I probably only get about £4k

Muppets

ianjpage

ahhh the wonders of insurance companies.....AF tried to put my policy up by about 200 quid this year - the reason - i changed the vehicle half way through the policy term.

No problem i said ill go elsewhere........go to sureterm - 180 quid cheaper - back to AF - ok no poblems we match their price

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
Adrian Fux

That's yer problem.

Sureterm for teh win !!!111

They fixed £1100 (?) worth of damages on Chris £1200 Fiero . . .

Titsy

Play them off against each other, or even make it up... I had MCE on hold while I spoke to Dean about the weather the first time round and then went back to them and told them I'd had a cheaper quote with better conditions elsewhere... they promptly took the bait, lowered their quote and bettered the conditions...

Motorama

Quoting: Titsy
Play them off against each other, or even make it up... I had MCE on hold while I spoke to Dean about the weather the first time round and then went back to them and told them I'd had a cheaper quote with better conditions elsewhere... they promptly took the bait, lowered their quote and bettered the conditions...

I'd deffo agree with that. My renewal is up for the 56 Cadillac and MCE just quoted £220 for an agreed value of £30k.
What i find annoying with MCE is they will match or beat someone elses quote but not give you the best price in the first place.
Has anyone had to make a claim with MCE? What are they like when the shite hits the fan

55starchief

Quoting: Motorama
Has anyone had to make a claim with MCE? What are they like when the shite hits the fan

Wasnt there a case of a couple who were in an accident with their new corvette and MCE had underwritten the policy with another insurer and it wasnt fully covered or something I think it might have been linked on here and the AMVO forums

Big Mouse

I've got an agreed value of £40k on the camaro with Competition Car Insurance for around £400 a year - a stock car would be much cheaper I'm sure.

Roadkill

Quoting: 55starchief
Wasnt there a case of a couple who were in an accident with their new corvette and MCE had underwritten the policy with another insurer and it wasnt fully covered or something

Yup.

At that point I was glad I cancelled my Caddy's insurance with them and fled months earlier . . .

I've used most the common ones over the years (Adrian Flux, Headley, MCE . . ) but I keep with sureterm now.  They're the best mix of good service and fair price - not THE cheapest - but really helpful when on the phone and excellent when it comes to the paperwork side of things.

Motorama

Mine needs renewing on 21st Dec, i think ill have a ring around,

EDGE

i HATE Adrian Flux, its ridiculous, they quoted me over £1400 for the Saleen one year and then dropped to under £900 to match a price, yes they were cheaper but they take the right royal piss !!!!!!  I went elsewhere in the end...

Motorama

Sureterm just quoted me £180 which is less than i've paid for a few years now.

About 15 years back Adrian Flux quoted me £650 on a 1968 Cadillac Fleetwood when all the other companies i phoned quoted me under a £100. Needless to say i've never called them again.

Roadkill

Quoting: Motorama
Sureterm just quoted me £180 which is less than i've paid for a few years now.

My '58's fully comp for £110 a year with Sureterm / 3000 miles p/a . . . . . although obviously isn't worth as much as your Caddy.

philoldsmobile

Quoting: 55starchief
Wasnt there a case of a couple who were in an accident with their new corvette and MCE had underwritten the policy with another insurer and it wasnt fully covered or something I think it might have been linked on here and the AMVO forums

i believe you may be right there, i seem to recall something along those lines...

insurance is legalised theft, i hate insurance companies with a passion.

philoldsmobile

for the record, my dealings with sureterm have neen very poor, just couldn't ge any sense out of them, i'm likely to renew again with greame sykes..

not quite the cheapest, but they seem to be relatively competent..

art b

i insured the nissan skyvan with A plan,  
very helpfull,
£375 and its a group 20

i dont expect any company would pay more than the market value,dispite of the condition,
im sure you wouldnt get 12 k for your martyn if it was totaled,

many modded car owners think that they have cars worth 50k because of the mods, but insurance company dont payout anywhere near
legalised robbery...
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

F Body

Quoting: art b
im sure you wouldnt get 12 k for your martyn if it was totaled,

Exactly my point