Main Menu

Budget Day

Started by Titsy, March 12, 2008, 08:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titsy

Prepare to be reamed guys, Darling's delivering now...

Titsy

"For environmental reasons, fuel duty will rise by 0.5p per litre in real terms. He said he was postponing the 2p increase in fuel duty until October this year."

Titsy

"Mr Darling said he is setting aside funding for testing proposals for road pricing."

Cunning Plan

what f^cking environmental reasons?  Its pratically been agreed by most creditable organisations that cars have very little impact on the enviroment when taking into account ships, planes, farting cows etc etc..  

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

art b

lets tax the farting cows.....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Titsy

Quoting: art b
lets tax the farting cows.....

Beef tax...

Rob

"Mr Darling said that from 2009/10 there would be six new VED bands including a top band (band M) for cars emitting more than 255g of carbon dioxide per kilometre. These cars would pay an increased VED rate of £425.

But cars emitting 150g or less per kilometre would pay less."

So how is this calculated exactly........?

Rob

"Mr Darling also said that from 2010/11, the most-polluting new cars would pay a first-year VED rate of £950."

No more import 4x4's then........

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Titsy
Beef tax...

no no no, write the cost of the beef off against VAT... we need to eat more of those damned fart machines, otherwise they will all just stand around farting us into oblivion!

save the planet - eat a cow before it farts again!

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Rob
"Mr Darling said that from 2009/10 there would be six new VED bands including a top band (band M) for cars emitting more than 255g of carbon dioxide per kilometre. These cars would pay an increased VED rate of £425.

But cars emitting 150g or less per kilometre would pay less."

So how is this calculated exactly........

its for 2001 upwards cars where there is a co/g rating.. non EU imports dont usualy have a co rating, so get bundled in with the pre 2001 cars.

you'd have to be a complete moron to buy a new pickup or SUV - its over for them.

i think since 2005 yank cars have had Co2 ratings, so dont escape anymore..

Roadkill

The amount I've been farting with my new diet recently they'd better tax my ar$e "for environmental reasons", too !

W@nkers.

Titsy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/629/629/7290230.stm\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">Budget Calculator

Well, looks like i'm a couple of hundred a year better off.... How did everyone else do?

Fieldy

£60 better off....

I'm off for A tattoo!!

Rob

£392.70.

Most of it through income tax change.........

Incursus

ianjpage

Hmm £382.66 better off for me & vicky - all of it due to tax/ni though....

Cunning Plan

Quoting: Rob
Most of it through income tax change........

same here, about 50 quid..  
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Kenny

£336.92 better off for me and rachel.

though taking rachel off doesn't make much difference

of course that will all be eaten up (and more) with the rises in cost of living...

55starchief

£292 for me would be more but im getting nailed on my NI by the looks of it

Roadkill

£217 better off myself (income tax + NI), but then deduct £11 or so for Beer-tax increase.