Sat in a new ZO6 today.

Started by F Body, March 13, 2008, 02:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Sat in the latest 2008 Corvette ZO6 this morning whilst waiting to get some currency exchanged.
The dashboard is now leather covered with hand stitching around the edges, not quite up to Aston Martin standards but with the new centre console it's looking quite upmarket.
It always surprises me just how small the current Vette is
Sorry didn't have a camera handy
Would I invest £62k on one, probably not, think I'd spend a couple more grand and have a Dodge Viper

55starchief

Quoting: F Body
Would I invest £62k on one

i would buy a used aston martin myself

Roadkill

Quoting: 55starchief

Or spend even less and buy a used 'Vette.

philoldsmobile

a 'vette really says something about a person....thing is, i'm not sure its something i really want said about me....

Gator

Quoting: philoldsmobile
a 'vette really says something about a person....thing is, i'm not sure its something i really want said about me....

after what we have been saying about you and them pasta tins you like i wouldnt worry about it

Motorama

Quoting: F Body
The dashboard is now leather covered with hand stitching around the edges, not quite up to Aston Martin standards but with the new

Funny thing is a really good friend of mine who used to trim 50's American cars for a living now does the design and deveopment on Aston Martin interiors and blatantly puts a lot of his American car influence in them.

FUBAR

a 'vette really says something about a person

Oh?...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

philoldsmobile

normally it says "i'm too cheap to buy a porsche" or " i have a very tiny penis"

FUBAR

Well I like the new and old vettes... and only the former of the above 2 statements are true.

+ I don't want a porsche
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

F Body

normally it says "i'm too cheap to buy a porsche" or " i have a very tiny penis"

I'd never buy a Porsche and at my age I can't even remember having a penis

Hell all I want is the 505 ponies and a manual box

Rob

Quoting: FUBAR
I don't want a porsche

What's all this talk of Penis'..........?

Roadkill

I like the guys who drive the repacked VW "Porsche" 924 (is it ?) and think they're gods.
It's basically like driving a MR2 with a Lambo kit and thinking it's a Lambo.

Porsche have made some of the ugliest cars going.  Give me a Vette anyday over a Porker.

That said I could think of better ways to spend that sort of cash . . .

55starchief

There are a lot of fsster and better looking cars for less money. Either a noble or an ultima would slaughter the vette on handling,power,looks and price.

I agree and i cant believe im gonna say this with philo. A vette says midlife chrisis and medalion. Unless your talking about a 50's vette which is the only aceptable vette

Roadkill

A vette says midlife chrisis

Only if your in your "midlife"

Incursus

Quoting: Roadkill

Or spend even less and buy a used 'Vette.

Used Vette myself.  Runnig/maintanence costs on a Aston Martin would be astronimcal im sure.

Though I am a huge fan of Aston Martins

Incursus

Quoting: Roadkill
Porsche have made some of the ugliest cars going. Give me a Vette anyday over a Porker.

That said I could think of better ways to spend that sort of cash . . .

&

Big Mouse

Why is it that if I, 50 in 8 months time, buy a vette or a porker or any sports car come to that, I look like an old saddo. On the odd occasion that I have to use Denises car, a 320 SLK Special Edition I nearly always get the look of "look at him, pretending hes a young man" -

- yet I can drive around in the camaro (that can hardly be called subtle) and people look at me like I'm a lunatic, get their cameras out, ask about the car etc etc. I should say that this used to happen before I cut her in half too.