Black Leather Sofas for sale . . .

Started by Roadkill, April 07, 2008, 12:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

My old sofas are for sale if anyone wants them.

They're both in reasonable condition for their age - they're about 20 years old but still have some life left in them.

They were top-quality when new hence have survived so well.

They have some wear and each has a small wear-hole over a seam on the lower cushion - which could be repaired.

They're both three-seaters but I'd discribe them as "compact" three-seaters - ideal for someone with limited space.

My new suite is arriving end of the month . . .

Offers on one or both - they need to go.

Gator

Jo

what size are they please, length, width, depth? and how much? can you send me the details please.

Roadkill

Quoting: Gator
any stains

It's leather - so no major ones.

To be honest there's a couple of odd ones which resemble paint (!!!???) but they're not particularly noticeable and knowing I was buying new haven't tried to remove them at all . . white spirit based treatment normally gets rid of stuff like that.

The photos were taken yesterday as I was off work sick again - they haven't been cleaned or treated specially for them or anything.

Also, while I think of it one has some "cat damage" - a few claw digs on the bottom panel.

(They were originally my parents settees - I brought one and my brother, who's Girlfriend had cats, "brought" one - I later had the second one as well).

Quoting: Podette
what size are they please, length, width, depth? and how much? can you send me the details please

I shall measure them later.

As far as price, I really don't mind.  My parents paid around £1200 each for them nearly twenty years ago, I paid £150 each for them about 8 years ago so I've had my moneys worth.

To be honest If I wasn't SOOO skint at the moment I'd be giving them away, I just don't want to see them in the rubbish dump . . . . But I am skint and have a holiday coming up in two months so any cash my way would be appreciated.

They're not perfect, both have had the frames repaired by myself at some point and as mentioned the leather is worn.

When I say offers, I really mean "come round, have a look and pass me whatever you're happy to pay for them".

Really, I'll be happy knowing they've gone somewhere where they're gonna get a little bit more service . . . . . and if there's a few quid in it too, great.  

Roadkill

They are :

6'2" (74") or 1880mm Wide (left to right),
2'10" (34") or 860mm Deep (front to back) and
2'4 1/2" (28 1/2") or 725mm High.

Jo

Def interested in one depending on how we get it to here from yours and poss interested in the 2nd depending on space here

Roadkill

ianjpage

how we get it to here from yours

Hmm u reckon it go in the baclk of the GMC dean??

Roadkill

Quoting: ianjpage
u reckon it go in the baclk of the GMC dean??

Definately.

We had a 2400mm long sheet of plasterboard only just poking out . . . the sofas are 500mm shorter.

One would go, I'd guess two would if need be.

Jo

Lol just mailed you Ian with the same question, we'd sort your petrol & feed you

ianjpage

Quoting: Roadkill

Definately.

We had a 2400mm long sheet of plasterboard only just poking out . . . the sofas are 500mm shorter.

One would go, I'd guess two would if need be.

Kewl

Lol just mailed you Ian with the same question, we'd sort your petrol & feed you

No problems at all then - lemme know good dates for ya!!

Jo