Nikon D40 Digital SLR for sale, with LOADS of extras

Started by EDGE, April 22, 2008, 09:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDGE

The time has come for me to upgrade my camera so it's up for sale.

It's a Nikon D40 digital SLR, it comes with:

Camera Body
18-55mm Lense, great all rounder, its all i used on my holiday to the States
52mm UV filter, fitted to lense for protection
2 Nikon batteries, each one lasts an age but didn't want to get caught short on holiday
6 x 1Gb Sandisk Extreeme III SD cards, these were over £20 each and hold approx 350 pics each
Remote control, for activating the shutter if you want to be in the pic and not use the timer
Official Lowepro Kit bag, carries all of the above with ease, very safe for the camera, padded in all the right places

The Camera and Lense are all boxed and as new, not a mark on it at all.  Original box will be supplied.  The camera actually has 17 months warranty left so if it should go wrong it's covered.  The Next 5 months warranty are with Nikon, the further 12 are with the store I purchased it from (Grays of Westminster, Official Nikon Dealer) You'd just send the camera to them for repair, I have the original reciept.

All the kit above cost well over £500 just a few months ago, Im selling it for £395 on some other forums and on ebay.  Open to offers around £350 from MKB members.

Here are some picts of the camera (library pics as its difficult to take a photo of your only camera without a clever system of mirrors) I will be getting some pics of the actual camera though, next few days hopefully but it really is as new... not a mark on it:

Here are a few sample shots of what the camera can do, all taken on honymoon with the kit above, please bear in mind that these have been compressed by facebook's image hosting:

And here is the tech spiel:

Key Features
Image Sensor Type   CCD
Resolution   6.24 Megapixel
Optical Zoom   3x
Camera Type   SLR/Professional

Lens
Interchangeable Lens   Interchangeable Lenses
Optical Zoom   3x
35mm Zoom Lens   27 - 82.5 mm
Focus Type   Autofocus & Manual Focus

Image Quality
Camera Resolution   6.24 Megapixel
Image Resolutions   1504 x 1000, 2256 x 1496, 3008 x 2000

Exposure Control
Aperture Range   f3.5/f5.6 (w/t)
Shutter Speed   30 - 1/4000 sec
White Balance   Auto
Frames Per Second   2.5 Frames

Storage
Memory Type   SD Card, SDHC Card
Compression Modes   Basic, Fine, Normal, Uncompressed
Compression Type   DCF, DPOF, EXIF 2.1, JPEG, Raw Image
File Size (High Res.)   5.8 MB (22 images on 128MB card)
File Size (Low Res.)   0.2 MB (about 640 images on 128MB card)

Flash
ISO Speeds   1600, 200
Flash Type   Built-In & External
Flash Functions   Auto Flash, Fill-in Flash, Rear Sync Flash, Red-eye Reduction Flash, Slow Sync

Viewfinder / Display
Viewfinder   Optical (Through-the-lens)
LCD Panel   With LCD Panel
LCD Panel Size   2.5 in.
LCD Screen Resolution   230,000 pixels
LCD Protected Position   Without LCD Protected Position

Interfaces
Interface Type   USB 2.0
Video Interface   Video Out

Power Supply
Battery Type   Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery

Included Features
Self Timer   10 Sec., 2 Sec., 20 Sec., 5 Sec.
Tripod Mount   With Tripod Mount

Dimensions
Height   9.4 cm
Width   12.7 cm
Depth   6.4 cm
Weight   0.48 kg

Miscellaneous
Exterior Color   Black
Included Accessories   Battery Charger, Lens Cap, Strap, USB Cable

So Basically guys and girls, im looking for around £350, feel free to pm or email and questions/offers... Im sure we can arrange delivery via the mkb chain if need be, otherwise I guess special delivery is going to come in at £20 as its over 2kg all in.  I'll even give whoever buys it an hours demo on how to get the best out of it... can't say fairer than that....

Titsy

I do hope funds from the sale are going to the dyno fund....

F Body

Fieldy

Quoting: EDGE
The time has come for me to upgrade my camera so it's up for sale.

the motor needs mapping, far more important!!

VIPER

DAM it skint at the Mo..... Would of been great for Le-Mans....

Got a Cannon powershot A710IS at the Mo and its not quick enough....

EDGE

its actualy GREAT for action shots as pressing the shutter release is instant... if you want dude, you can paypal the money over, that way to can stick it on a credit card ;)

EDGE

Kenny

If only the misses wasn't up the duff.... I'd love a camera like that, and at such an excellent price.

EDGE

now... funny you should say that dude....

One of the best ways of buying a camera is actually to have a pregnant wife.... you just tell her that its primarily for taking pitures of the new baby and she'll think you're super cute....

worked for my dad, HRC's dad and dads all around the world....  seriously, its a well know male phenominon.... (just dont tell the women)

from a well known photographers website

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/wife.htm\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/wife.htm

WHY YOUR WOMAN WANTS YOU TO HAVE AN EXPENSIVE CAMERA

Actually she doesn't. She doesn't know the difference between a 9/16" open-end wrench and your camera, but she does care deeply about getting great memories of her kids.

I don't know anything about women, but from what little I do know, women LOVE kids and family. That, and shopping, are about it. This is our key to the camera kingdom.

HOW TO SELL YOUR WIFE (ON A NEW CAMERA)

Want domestic tranquility? Want a happy wife?

She wants great photos of her kids and family.

Don't ask her to buy a camera. She could care less about equipment. Women hate gear.

Tell her you're getting the family what it needs to create priceless memories which, presuming you backup properly, will last forever. She wouldn't want you to let these memories slip away unphotographed. You want digital because the memories can be copied and safeguarded elsewhere in case of fire, and in case of fire you can grab your spare hard drive and take everything with you in one small drive.

Also, unlike that plasma set she just sent you to get, photo gear can be resold when you're done with it. I've always sold my exotic lenses for more than I paid for them, since I used to buy them used to begin with. I bought all my fisheye lenses new, and always sold them for more than I paid for them before the rest of the world discovered NYC discount stores like Adorama, which usually have this crazy stuff in stock at discount.

As I mentioned in what makes a successful pro photographer, getting your wife to give you a $5,000 budget to go camera shopping is all about your sales skills and not at all about technology. Pay attention to what your wife wants. Don't waste her time with technology or details.

If she'll give you $5,000 to get a plasma TV for her to watch Dr. Phil, she'll jump at the chance give you $8,000 to get great shots of her kids.

Women love to shop. Your woman might research price for you. If not, they have no idea what serious photo gear costs. If you think it's doing the right thing, tell her the camera costs $145,000 and get yourself an SL600 while you're out shopping, too.

Incursus

she's daft but not that daft

Just buy it while she's asleep, like you did with the 40" telly

55starchief

Quoting: Incursus

Just buy it while she's asleep, like you did with the 40" telly

Or the new PC

EDGE

lol... i tell ya... its worked on women everywhere, when pregnant theey get the "oh, my husband/boyfried/pool by really cares about his child and wants to capture every moment" hormone...

we can exploit it lads... only for 9 months... but make the most of it

VIPER

Are those pics straight from the camera of edited in any way.....

Great pics either way....

EDGE

they've all been run through google's picassa program which is what i use to organise the files.

i think the one of the mustang has had the exposeure brightened up as it was dark when i took that picture and you couldnt see much of the mountains.  

The Sunset one has had the "warmify" button pressed.... thats about it actually.  

The camera has built in "vivid" settings so that gives great results right off the camera.  Plus the metering and white balance is much better than a compact so its spot on most of the time...

EDGE

EDGE

F Body

Quoting: Kenny
If only the misses wasn't up the duff....

Don't worry Mate Billions of men including me have said that before

Fieldy

Quoting: EDGE
no, the camera you wazock.......