For RK: 3rd gen maro 275 tyre fitment

Started by HardRockCamaro, May 01, 2008, 04:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HardRockCamaro

Per our conversation at the last meet, here's a pic of the IROC with the 275 wide tyres mounted on 10 inch rims, 5.5inch back spacing iirc...

Bear in mind that those BFG drag radials have a gentle shoulder to them as opposed to some of the "squarer" shouldered tyres.

Roadkill

Excellent, thanks.

As I said I'm looking to squeeze even more rubber under there as I think it's do-able.

When the time draws closer I'll be having a measure up.

EDGE

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

EDGE

yeah, that is.... shortly after he bought it i believe

philoldsmobile

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

HardRockCamaro

Yup that's my car, probably about 4-6 months after I bought it.

Note the original rear spoiler, double upper pinstripe and blue lower stripe (changed to silver lower stripe when I had the respray).

CJ-IROCZ

Andy, what sort of money did you pay for a respray and was it bare metal ??

Got any up to date pics of her

HardRockCamaro

It wasn't bare metal, just a rub down and blow over.
I insisted it had a good rub down as the paint was starting to show the usual third gen problem of the ghosting laquer which I was worried would start to flake and take the new paint with it.
At the same time I had the 3 piece rear spoiler removed and replaced with the 91/92 high rise one as I prefer it.  The holes in the wings were welded up.

It was a right bargain imho, I paid £1,200 cash for some place in Kent to do it, the name of which I forget.

They didn't do the door shuts or under the bonnet etc, and they also neglected to do under the wheel arch lips (or did it badly) and that flaked off on one side so I fixed that myself by rubbing it down and undercoating and spraying with colour matched rattle cans.  The other side has started to do the same so I need to sort that too.

I've seen a better effort on the headlamp pockets though, mine have a lot of orange peel.

Aside from that I'm happy with the job they did for the money.

The difference it made to the car along with the refurbished wheels was amazing.

I don't have any recent pics, but here's the before and after (the after being a good year or so after the respray):

Before:

After: