CD player

Started by CJ-IROCZ, May 25, 2008, 02:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJ-IROCZ

Just picked up my '05 L200 and the sodding thing comes with a tape player as standard , i suppose its because its the 4 work model.

Anyone got a cheap CD player they want to sell, I'm driving the wife mad with the only tape i've got. Hot chocolate's best of

Roadkill

Quoting: CJ-IROCZ
Anyone got a cheap CD player they want to sell

Yeah, I've got one - Funnily enough it's just been removed from Sammy's car.

It's not new but it a good one and works fine - AFAIK

Roadkill

Here ya go (before I forget) - Bad light but :

It's a Sony CDX-4250R - 35W x 4, D-BASS . . . Has been tested just an hour ago apparently (says Shifty and PhilO).

It's got leads in the back and a case for the front.

That's NOT a whooping great big scratch on the front - it's a reflection.

Only issue is one of the flimsy plastic clips on the surround has broken but it could easily be fitted with a dab of superglue . . . . or left off.

Let us know.

Fieldy

I like those Sony units for what they are worth.....

CJ-IROCZ

Yeah thats the sort of thing i'm after. What do you want for it Dean ?

Roadkill

Dunno, mate.

I'm guessing postage will be around £5-6 or so for that . . . So £15 - £20 all in ?

Whatever you think.

Fieldy

HardRockCamaro

If you have an iPod you can use a cassette adapter to listen to it through the tape unit (which makes tape units surprisingly more useful than CD players nowadays).

art b

good point

get martini to take you to aldi in devon ,while hes there....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Fieldy

Quoting: art b
aldi in devon

There's one in Plymouth on his route back

philoldsmobile

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
If you have an iPod you can use a cassette adapter to listen to it through the tape unit (which makes tape units surprisingly more useful than CD players nowadays).

yup, i have the belkin ipod cradle thingey, the one that transmits through the FM frequency of your choice (£55) - its crap. it sounds  great sat on the driveway, but the reality is constant interference, and when you get towards London, constantly searching for new frequency's as it clashes with small local radio stations..

tape adapter works much better.

philoldsmobile

art b

the "hard wired "option has to be the best over wireless stuff every time 4 quality ,

philoldsmobile

yeah, might look into it, not an easy task though, as the alfa doesn't have a stereo as such, its all part of the navi / climate / car control system (called ics - integrated control system)

taking it out to get to the areal lead involves stripping most of the dash out.

HardRockCamaro

You *might* be able to get an iPod to CD Changer adapter cable for it.
I fiitted one to my sisters Puma which had the standard Ford head unit.

Basically it makes the changer defunct as the iPod pretends to be the changer.  The buttons on the stereo to change CD change playlist instead.

55starchief

Not sure if this is the right one but its the only alfa romeo one i found

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=ALF02AUX\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=ALF02AUX

art b

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Basically it makes the changer defunct as the iPod pretends to be the changer

cleaver idea...

CJ-IROCZ

Dean, sounds fine mate. How do you want the wedge ??

I aint got an Ipod so CD player will do fine, On that note can i fit a changer to the CD playr above ??

Roadkill

On that note can i fit a changer to the CD playr above ??

Dean, sounds fine mate. How do you want the wedge ??

Cool.

I'm PM you my paypal addy.