Daily driver for possible sale...

Started by Kenny, June 13, 2008, 04:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

I'm just testing the waters here.  Is anyone interested in purchasing a '99 Hyundai Coupe 2.0 SE. at the low price of £1k.

The reason its so cheap is it has some damage and a little rust, though it is mechanically sound. (if anyones interested i can get pics)

The reason the topic says possible, is that I'm interested in raising the cash to buy edges camaro (if its still available) and, of course, don't want to let it go if the 'maro's gone or goes in the mean time.

Fieldy

Needs pics either way dude, just because I am nosey

Flip Martian

Coupes are good little runabouts. I had a 1998 one until I wrote it off early last year and nearly bought another straight away. Prob a bit more practical (and economical... ) than a Camaro but not quite so much...FUN! Although a darn sight more fun than my Honda Civic...

Unlucky getting rust on it, mine was straight as a die.

FUBAR

My mum has the "2nd Gen" coupe... I think i have her in the frame of mind now that she'll 'upgrade' to the newer one once decent ones become avaliable 2nd hand, if I wasn't into Yanks i'd be quite happy with one of those cars
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Flip Martian

I drove one of the newer ones when I totalled mine, before I finally decided on buying a yank and a cheap runabout.

The newer one was nowhere near as much fun to drive. They look nice but the 2 litre one I tried was pretty dull, compared to the older one.

Kenny

I think the newer ones are a lot heavier. you need to get the 2.7 V6 to get the same performance as the old 2.0.... crazy.

Quoting: Fieldy
Needs pics either way dude, just because I am nosey

My camera is in the US with titsy, but I'll do what I can with my mobile...